Sigma 150-600mm Sport - First Impressions

Elliot87

Is this the type of thing you might be looking for @hark? A carry speed strap Carry Speed FS Pro Version Strap Kit for Camera: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo
I believe it is what @Fortkentdad is currently using with his 200-500mm. It's now one of the options I'm considering.

Edit: I've just been reading some reviews for the Carry Speed straps and it seems a few folk have had their gear dumped on the floor due to the ball and socket joint wearing out. Certainly something I'll be considering more before I buy any new strap.

Last edited:

Griso

I haven't looked at this in any detail yet, but I notice that my new 150-600mm C comes with a strap for the end that attaches to a bar on the rear of the foot. Has anyone used this? I almost overlooked it, having the same conundrum (tripod or strap!) I ought to go and dig it out of the box. I'd be interested if anyone has used this as it would seem to solve the problem.

Danno

Thanks for sharing the links. I have looked at those and they make me a bit uncomfortable because of the way the put a load on the bolt and base of the camera body. If I could still work it out for myself I would feel better, but I look at that and I am just uncomfortable, with the leaver that is created. But since I cannot figure that stuff out any more I just am really conservative.

Danno

Is this the type of thing you might be looking for @hark? A carry speed strap Carry Speed FS Pro Version Strap Kit for Camera: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo
I believe it is what @Fortkentdad is currently using with his 200-500mm. It's now one of the options I'm considering.

Edit: I've just been reading some reviews for the Carry Speed straps and it seems a few folk have had their gear dumped on the floor due to the ball and socket joint wearing out. Certainly something I'll be considering more before I buy any new strap.
I had one of those for 5 or 6 months. I never was comfortable with the mechanism.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor

I like the one that Spottydumplings posted although I am still considering various options on how to attach a strap. As Danno mentioned, putting a bolt on it puts all the weight of the camera/lens on the bolt. I wonder if there is a carabiner that would fit or some other type of strap lugs that would fit through the hole directly.

RocketCowboy