Shutter problem is back.

LouCioccio

Look at the second image you have with MUP I wonder if that bar is supposed to go up as it looks like the shadow in your other images. Also look at Cameta.com for refurbished as they add on to the 90 day warranty for a full year.
Lou Cioccio

Whiskeyman

Thanks. In the meantime, I'm ordering a D500. Don't know if I should get the refurb or new however.

Pete, didn't you just get a D7200?

My experience with refurbished cameras leads me to strongly lean toward purchasing new equipment. I purchased a refurbished D7100 a while ago and failed to put it through its trial before the 90-day warranty ran out. Once I began using it, I found out that now matter what lens it had on it, the camera just wouldn't focus well. So I gave full disclosure to a dealer and traded it in, taking a bath economically when doing so. It cost me a whole lot more than the $250 I saved over purchasing a new one.

WM

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Pete, I keep thinking about your mirror problem. Have you done a lot of Live View or MUP? Or possibly used the Quiet Mode a lot which makes the mirror movement timed a little differently with the shutter?

Blacktop

Pete, didn't you just get a D7200?

My experience with refurbished cameras leads me to strongly lean toward purchasing new equipment. I purchased a refurbished D7100 a while ago and failed to put it through its trial before the 90-day warranty ran out. Once I began using it, I found out that now matter what lens it had on it, the camera just wouldn't focus well. So I gave full disclosure to a dealer and traded it in, taking a bath economically when doing so. It cost me a whole lot more than the $250 I saved over purchasing a new one.

WM

I did, but returned it to Best Buy.

Blacktop

Pete, I keep thinking about your mirror problem. Have you done a lot of Live View or MUP? Or possibly used the Quiet Mode a lot which makes the mirror movement timed a little differently with the shutter?

I hardly ever use any of those things. Something is making the light baffle stick in the upright position. I have no idea why, even after searching the internet .

dh photography

Dang, Pete. Hate to hear you have problems again. Does look like the mirror isn't fully moving out of the way or has shifted itself somehow. When my mirror fell out on the 7000, it was easy to get back in ... but even easier to get it back in in the wrong position.

Bet you're gonna LOVE the 500, though.

480sparky

Dang, Pete. Hate to hear you have problems again. Does look like the mirror isn't fully moving out of the way or has shifted itself somehow. When my mirror fell out on the 7000, it was easy to get back in ... but even easier to get it back in in the wrong position.

Bet you're gonna LOVE the 500, though.

A mirror that doesn't move fully out of the way will block the bottom of the image, not the top.

roger13

Not had any problems with the D750, but following a Nikon advisory, concerning a possible shutter issue,I decided to return the body to Nikon for rectification. Received it back today with a brand new shutter assembly. So after 3000 actuation, I am starting with a clean slate! Thank you Nikon.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Blacktop

I just got it back this morning. They replaced the shutter mechanism, the rubber grip and the front of the body.
Plus they did general cleaning. It works great now. Maybe I'll just sell it. I dunno.:indecisiveness:

RocketCowboy

I just got it back this morning. They replaced the shutter mechanism, the rubber grip and the front of the body.
Plus they did general cleaning. It works great now. Maybe I'll just sell it. I dunno.:indecisiveness:

Unless you're going to add a D5 to your bag, keep the 750 because you know you're going to want full frame again sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

I just got off the phone with a Nikon repair tech supervisor. After explaining the problem I'm having (mirror locking up while seeing the shutter speed JUMP up to and flash at 1/4000" when it was supposed to be slower shutter speeds), he wants me to send mine in. No way. He understood completely and asked me to shoot in Manual Mode and Shutter Priority to see if my problem still continues.

Not sure if your problem is the same as mine, but if you continue to use your D750, keep watch of your shutter speed within the viewfinder. Once I realized what was happening, I have been able to thwart the mirror lock up problem. When starting to press the shutter (but BEFORE taking the image), I noticed the 1/4000" shutter speed flashing. Then I removed my finger from the shutter button without taking the photo, and the shutter speed would revert to normal.

All I'm saying is just keep an eye on it. It's hard to take a photo and not maintain attention to the subject, but that's what I've had to do.