Secretary

dachshund

I recently purchased a very nice F100. I learned that it has the capability of interfacing with a computer utilizing a program referred to as Photo Secretary. It looks as if this program can store EXIF info as well as custom setting data among other things. It appears that this program is no longer in existence. There is something similar called “Camera Companion”. What can any tell me about these programs and if pursuing this feature is worth the effort.

Fred Kingston

In the old days, we used to carry a little notebook that was customized to receive film exposure data. And you can still find the forms on the internet to download and use.

I use an app called PhotoEXIF on my iphone. You manually setup your camera and then can manually enter the necessary exposure data as you take pictures... there's a method of exporting the film roll's data after you've received your scans and tie that EXIF data, as it were, to the images... It's all rather finicky and tedious... About my only conclusion has been a greater appreciation for digital cameras... :)

BF Hammer

Just some generic thoughts here. I have CD's full of software from the 1995-2005 era that are mostly unusable now because Windows won't run them now unless you experiment with emulation. I have several devices that interfaced to computers then, but today the required device drivers have not been updated since Windows 98 or XP. Or else they predated USB and physically connect to a port no PC has been built with for many years.

So I think you have problems other than tracking down some old copy of a program to consider.