search of the next lens

stmv

The lens desease is terminal, once you get thinking about a lens, it just gets a hold of you, you can run, but the lens will find you.

Once you have searched for it on the larger retailer, or perhaps the auction site, they will know, and pop ups galore will remind you of your desire.

you turn away,, days go by, and then the moment returns, oh,, 1.2,,, or deslective control of dof, the tilt of a lens
element,,,

you cringe inside, as your mind races of that perfect photo,,

the perfect photo with just that lens, why yes,, of course

must be, must be the one addition,, maybe the final one..

hahah,, you hit the button,, confirmation number

and then you wait for the lens

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Just about every enthusiast and pros goes through these stages. It is quite normal and expected.

How well you control and heed the advices from those who have gone through this depends on you.

I assure you, it won't be easy nor cheap.

stmv

well,, for me,, my lens collection is pretty complete, so only some exotics like the 50mm 1.2 that I just got used holds my attention.

Perhaps I would like a new pro zoom, but their current bulk is so un-inviting. If Nikon would update the 35-70 and keep the size to that classic, then I would be so tempted, so,, and don't bother with VR, that just adds bulk, and keep the focus external to keep the form factor small (again SMALL, LIGHT, ULTRA HIGH QUALITY ZOOM).

Nikon,, design a 28-80 2,8,, and keep the size to the 37-70, the filter size no larger then 67, 62 would be better, and with modern materials, 2/3 the weight of the old 35-70, and that will be a lens I won't be able to resist (oh, and better optics, and almost zero distortion).

After all their lens design, how hard could it be?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
This is exactly how I ended up with 24 lenses… Deseases have different effects on different people. ;)