SD Card...

Deleted

I was trying to explain that you shouldn't format the card. The camera must carry out the format, not a computer. I've explained it in as many ways as I can, so will now withdraw from this thread.

alfaholic

Banned
I was trying to explain that you shouldn't format the card. The camera must carry out the format, not a computer. I've explained it in as many ways as I can, so will now withdraw from this thread.

Thank you, but you should read the whole post, then you would understand that I tried everything, and formatting SD card in camera is the first thing I tried, and then everything else, partitioning, deleting partition table, and all other things.
But, my camera just rejects this card even it is turned off, it says: This memory card cannot be used, the card may be damaged, insert another card.

This is not some nuclear science, it is very simple thing.
My D7000 had the last firmware, D7100 is also on the last firmware, it still does not work. Simple as that...

yauman

Of course it is a Mac format, I deliberately formated the card so the camera do not recognize it and offers me to format the card, but it shows error again and again, no matter I format the card in Windows, Mac, with Acronis Disk Director in FAT, NTFS, Journaled, the card does not work with D7000 and D7100, and it works everywhere else.

Many people have the same or similar problem with Kingston sd cards.
Again, I have gb Kingston class 4 Micro SD with adapter which works well.

It is strange, but Kingston is maybe problematic and that is maybe the reason Nikon does not approve their cards.
At the same time, I had Kingston computer memory and usb drives for so many years without any problem.

Ok something happened to your card - it's got nothing to do with the brand - it a random coincidence that it happen to be a Kingston brand.
Go this this site and download the SDFORMATTER to completely wipe the card and then see if the camera can format it.

yauman

I tried that last night, SDFormatter does not see my card. :)

Yea, I think you have a damaged or a defective card. If it's Kingston, they are quite good about standing behind their product. If it's not physically damaged, send it back to them and see if they'll replace it. I have had very good experience with them replacing memory modules (in my IT days) when some modules didn't pass server memory torture tests - no questions asked. Nice company to deal with.