SD card

alex6speed

Exactly what yauman said - you'll only worry about the card if and only if you're doing recording or your doing burst images. That being said, if you find that you like doing continuous burst (say, following wildlife or children - no diff. :p), it's nice to have that write speed be able to get the load off the buffer so the camera can cram one more image in.

I personally have one 95 Mbps SanDisk Extreme Pro, 1 standard SanDisk, and a 30 Mbps SanDisk Micro with an adapter - all of them 32 GB. I've found the regular SanDisk to operate slower after 4 - 5 burst shots, since the camera is bottlenecked at the write speed of the card. I also noticed that the Extreme Pro is slightly better than the Micro. That pretty much tells me that the bottleneck would now be the Nikon's cache speed rather than the write speed. So getting a 200+ Mbps card might not matter at all - at least not for continuous burst shots.

Unless you intend to go bigger in the future (any of the full frame cameras, lets say), then investing in a quicker card would do you well. Otherwise, you're probably paying double for a capability you're not even using.