Samsung NX1

Vincent

Finally something practical (not talk only) came out on the Samsung NX1: Samsung NX1 / Sony A77II / Nikon D750: Your Favourite Was... Samsung!

The proposed pictures for comparison and voting and then analyzed the voting results.
Pictures proposed were from the Samsung NX1 (pre-production, firmware 0.36), Sony Alpha 77 II (they could not get a Canon 7D MkII) and Nikon D750.

The users preferred the D750 in ISO performance. The Sony Alpha 77 II for corner sharpness.
But the overall winner is the Samsung NX1. Where they agree that the lack of lenses and reputation does not help Samsung; the new 16-50 f2-2.8 and 50-150 f2.8 with the excellent camera (processor, sensor, AF, ...) might give some people the motivation to change to something completely new.

In about a week the first models should hit the shelves.

It seems that the first tests of the NX1 and D750 confirm what I thought, great machines but not for me now.

Vincent

Now that is finally delivered there are some reviews out that are not written by Samsung, but based on usage.

Conclusion: it is very capable and has a high IQ for an APS-C (matching some FF sensor results).
The AF is great, as long as there is sufficient light.
Some of the intelligent features are gimmicks.

Let's hope it does a bit better then the NX1. Samsung is already going to drop the price of the NX1 and it just started to sell.

Samsung to drop NX1 prices in January (preorders lower than expected). | Mirrorless Rumors

I`m still not convinced this is not a rumour from competitors to dash the camera.