Sad News. Off Topic

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
This is just one more time that the Nikonites bunch has proven their greatness! This is just the spark of joy I needed today! Thanks to [MENTION=9753]Scott Murray[/MENTION] and @hark (Cindy) for demonstrating that there is still kindness and thoughtfulness left in this world.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Whoopsie! I sent a PM to the wrong forum member earlier today who was kind enough to let me know my mistake. Friggs, I just sent you a PM.

I pulled out my D90--the battery was totally depleted so it is charging. After about 30 minutes of charging, I put the battery back in the camera to take a photo. I didn't look at the time stamp to see if it was accurate. The date is correct but the time stamp is off by around 13 hours. Not surprised considering the battery was totally discharged. I put the battery back in the charger where it is still charging.

Here are links to the jpeg and NEF I shot a little while ago. The D90 has one card slot but shoots both jpeg and NEF on the same card.

jpeg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oc6gj3hhksocguu/DSC_0002.JPG?dl=0
NEF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hecxghykyvgumo4/DSC_0002.NEF?dl=0

Here is the shutter count:

shutter count.jpg

And this is the unedited jpeg straight out of camera (used the Nikon 55-200mm VR for this). I am letting the forum resize the photo so no editing on my part at all. Just a quick shot to make sure the camera works properly.

DSC_0002.jpg

Danno

This is just one more time that the Nikonites bunch has proven their greatness! This is just the spark of joy I needed today! Thanks to @Scott Murray and @hark (Cindy) for demonstrating that there is still kindness and thoughtfulness left in this world.

I am with Walt on this. Just thankful that I stumbled on this site. Scott and Cindy... God Bless... that is all I can say!

Friggs

Thanks folks. I sent my response in pm's. Thank you both for your generous offers. I am blown away by your thoughtfullness. The past couple of days I was so depressed. No I am excited.

God bless you both,

Zerobeat

Whoopsie! I sent a PM to the wrong forum member earlier today who was kind enough to let me know my mistake. Friggs, I just sent you a PM.

I pulled out my D90--the battery was totally depleted so it is charging. After about 30 minutes of charging, I put the battery back in the camera to take a photo. I didn't look at the time stamp to see if it was accurate. The date is correct but the time stamp is off by around 13 hours. Not surprised considering the battery was totally discharged. I put the battery back in the charger where it is still charging.

Here are links to the jpeg and NEF I shot a little while ago. The D90 has one card slot but shoots both jpeg and NEF on the same card.

jpeg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oc6gj3hhksocguu/DSC_0002.JPG?dl=0
NEF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hecxghykyvgumo4/DSC_0002.NEF?dl=0
Does this camera use the EN-EL3 Battery? If so, I have a couple that I somehow wound up with that I can send along.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Unfortunately my D90 isn't fully operational with Friggs' 200-500mm lens which I just confirmed via phone with Nikon support. I don't think the aperture will stop down. That lens is geared towards newer bodies. So the ball is now in Scott's court.

Scott Murray

Thanks folks. I sent my response in pm's. Thank you both for your generous offers. I am blown away by your thoughtfullness. The past couple of days I was so depressed. No I am excited.

God bless you both,

Unfortunately my D90 isn't fully operational with Friggs' 200-500mm lens which I just confirmed via phone with Nikon support. I don't think the aperture will stop down. That lens is geared towards newer bodies. So the ball is now in Scott's court.

Well the D600, 2 batteries, battery charger (minus cable your other cable will work) and battery grip is packed and ready to be shipped. Went to the post office and they do not open until tomorrow so will wake up early and post it again.
Shipping with batteries in the box may mean via sea and not via air, I will check tomorrow.

Blacktop

I don' t understand what you mean by that.
Didn't the D300 come out not long after the D90?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I don' t understand what you mean by that.
Didn't the D300 come out not long after the D90?

Apparently not all of the older bodies are compatible with the E type lenses because of not being able to electronically control the aperture. Most if not all of the bodies with 2 digits such as the D90 won't work.

Friggs

Thanks again Scott. Words can not express my gratitude. Not only does it get me shooting again, but it allows me to try full frame as I have never used one before. I'm just afraid once I cross that line I will not want to go back. I just wonder how much of the "reach" of the crop sensor will I miss. Time will tell and I am excited to find out.

God bless,

Thanks again Scott. Words can not express my gratitude. Not only does it get me shooting again, but it allows me to try full frame as I have never used one before. I'm just afraid once I cross that line I will not want to go back. I just wonder how much of the "reach" of the crop sensor will I miss. Time will tell and I am excited to find out.

God bless,

There is a crop mode on the Full Frame cameras but you are really better off just shooting full frame mode and cropping. Depending on the camera you will get better results than you did with the D300