Roy's 366 Thread for 2016.

Roy1961

ROY_5099.JPG

ROY_5101.JPG

San Jacinto mountain with the last rays of todays sun

Roy1961

with all that rain and snow on San Jacinto I hope it fills Lake Hemet up, cant wait to go back up there and look for the bald eagles.

Roy1961

ok what is this, I was doing a sensor clean and was blowing out the dust with my rocket blower, I saw something stick out of the end of it, so I pulled it out.

Is this the "whatever" is used to stop things/dust getting back into the rocket blower??

ROY_5103.JPG

if so I need a new rocket blower. lol

and after seeing my battery I did clean it too.

ok what is this, I was doing a sensor clean and was blowing out the dust with my rocket blower, I saw something stick out of the end of it, so I pulled it out.

Is this the "whatever" is used to stop things/dust getting back into the rocket blower??

View attachment 193700

if so I need a new rocket blower. lol

and after seeing my battery I did clean it too.

i would not think anything should be in your Rocket Blower.

Roy1961

Don I remember reading somewhere that they had something inside to stop it sucking in dust/dirt, so that's what I was thinking it was.

mikew_RIP

Don I remember reading somewhere that they had something inside to stop it sucking in dust/dirt, so that's what I was thinking it was.

I thought it had some form of filter in it,if that is it and that can happen then do you want a new one or would you be better taking the camera to your local garage and using the air line :D

Roy1961

It did blow the speck of dust of my mirror after I cleaned the sensor, that must have been restricting the air flow/pressure? lol

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I've never seen anything like this come out of a rocketblower. Was this the Giottos brand? If so, you should contact them and send the image. Who knows, maybe they will replace it for you.

The info on the right in the link is for Giottos parts, service, and repair:
About HP Marketing Corp

nikonpup

:) just checked mine, nothing in the tube. if working properly the unit should suck air in thru the bottom not back thru the tube.

Roy1961

:) just checked mine, nothing in the tube. if working properly the unit should suck air in thru the bottom not back thru the tube.

thanks NP, that's what it is doing, I didn't know this, just assumed it was being sucked in via the tube, I squeezed the air out, covered the tube and can hear it being sucked in the bottom, so maybe its just a piece of un-needed crap that was in there? anyway email has been sent to Giottos to see what they say.

Roy1961

upon further investigation it is getting sucked in both ends, if I cover the bottom its coming thru the top, yours doing this?

Roy1961

9th Jan 2016

todays offerings, after an early bright start it clouded over very quick.

ROY_5104.JPG

ROY_5109.JPG

ROY_5111.JPG

sharp shinned or coopers hawk?? thinking a coopers.

Roy1961

ROY_5124.JPG

ROY_5130.JPG

ROY_5134.JPG

I was lucky here, after stopping to id her, she flew down into a field and back to her perch, picked herself mouse for dinner, ripped it apart pretty quick.