RockyNH's Regular Photo Thread!

RockyNH_RIP

Been a quiet couple days after Arches! Processing photos, work around home and time with the kids/grankids... not to speak of the foul weather..

managed a couple photos.....

Photo out the front bedroom window...

D71_2464.jpg

In town, construction of new waterpark scheduled to open this year..

D71_2465.jpg

the Moon from my back yard.....

D71_2471.jpg

Pat in GA

RockyNH_RIP

Love the shot of the moon! Are you lovin' the Tamron 150-600 with the 7100? I'm thinking on it.

Thanks Carol.. I am loving it and no regrets. I do a lot of wildlife and am extremely pleased with what I have been able to accomplish. Look back through my thread and you will see some..

So happy that I got the lens...

Pat in GA

RockyNH_RIP

Outtake time again folks... My most recent "52 in 2015" theme was "Architecture". I to a drive downtown Savannah and drove around taking various shots. These shots are the ones I did NOT select for my "52".

D71_2350.jpg

D71_2355.jpg

D71_2359.jpg

D71_2360.jpg

D71_2361.jpg

D71_2362.jpg

D71_2364.jpg

D71_2366.jpg

D71_2367.jpg

D71_2369.jpg

I am enjoying the "52" project.... gets me out shooting some objects I might not ordinarily..
Hopefully it is improving my vision and images...

Pat in GA

RockyNH_RIP

Just love the light on this one. You could use a bit of local blur to fade the tree in the background before you make the print for your wall. :)

Thank you & Thank You! (for the compliment and also for the suggestion to improve) That is something I could use more often and something I really need to try and learn better.

I so much appreciate the improvement tips!

Pat in GA

RockyNH_RIP

Just love the light on this one. You could use a bit of local blur to fade the tree in the background before you make the print for your wall. :)

Agreeing with Marcel's assessment that this image could be improved (and again, thank you as I did not see it until you pointed it out), I decided to see if I could improve it... I played some with lightroom using the adjustment brush and graduated filter... I settled on the adjustment brush with
Exp -.41
Contrast 36
Highlights, Clarity & Sharpness -100
Shadows -5
Noise -3

I then did some research to learn how to do some blurring via layers in Elements The image looked decent but when I compared all 3, I found it too bright (as was the original) in the blurred area. Since I was back in lightroom, I used the graduated filter on the final image (reducing exposure & clarity) which I think improved it even more by reducing the brightness from the sun in that area.

Original
D71_2408.jpg

Lightroom Edit
D71_2408-2.jpg

Elements (Blurr) w/ Lightroom final..
D71_2408-Edit.jpg

Ok, so not perfect... and likely the LR adjustment is improved and may be adequate...
The layers with the blur tool with some more experience on my part likely will make the best final image.
I obviously need to get more skill on the transition & blending.

Best part, I went and practiced and adjusted deeper than normal and I owe that to Marcel!
I am going to spent some more time learning the finer points of Elements, Layers and Layer Masks.

Have a great day! :)

Pat in GA

Scott Murray

Hey Pat I have played around with layer masks in PS and they say a graduated filter as a layer mask will allow the blur to look more natural. I have not played around with this alot but could be worth looking into.