Roaming The Southwest USA

SteveH

I had been to Las Vegas 3 or 4 times, but never had made it to The Grand Canyon. This was a first for us....and after driving from El Paso to The Grand Canyon , and then to Las Vegas in 1 day, we were tired. It was worth the long trip though and it was Mother's Day weekend. Then we drove over to St. George, Utah to see my Mother, and then turned around and drove back to San Diego, California to see my brother for a few days. It was a short trip, but everything my wife and I could have wanted packed in to the trip. Then, we drove back across the desert to El Paso just in time for our daughter-in-law to have our grandson. Awesome week.

That's one hell of a trek Chris, sounds like a lot of fun - And congratulations on the Grandson!

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Thanks Steve....once in a lifetime trip.....in our old age....we love to travel. Cruise this year for the 6th straight year (anniversary cruises).....been to a lot of islands but I didn't have anything but a point and shoot for the first several. Still some coolpix photos that I'll have to share one day.

SteveH

My wife & I keep dreaming of hiring an RV and driving from east to west (Or the other way around!) in the U.S, and just making the route up as we go... It's the sort of trip where we only have time once retired, and once retired it's harder to afford!

sonicbuffalo_RIP

It would be a great trip Steve....you've got to get to southern Utah....and it's easiest to fly right into Las Vegas, and from there it's a 2 hour drive or less (depends on if I'm driving) to St. George, Utah. From there you can drive easily to the nothern rim of The Grand Canyon, or you can drive towards Flagstaff, AZ and hit the more popular Southern Rim. Also, Zion National Park (beautiful from what I've heard and seen) is not very far away. There's also a tour if you go the southern route to the Hoover Dam, where the concrete is still curing some 70 years after they built it due to it being so thick. It's a real cool adventure. Anyways, Mate, glad you like the images. I thought I had lost them on my backup drive but Seagate told me what to do to try and find them, and there they were!

Blacktop

Most people don't realize that Zion NP, Arches NP, Bryce Canyon NP, and The Grand Canyon are all in the same vicinity. I have yet to go to Zion, (which is a shame since I spent a month in St. George, Utah visiting my Mother, who lives there, and I also wanted to visit Bryce. I've seen some spectacular pictures of those areas. Next time we visit, I will make it a point to go to all of them. On my bucket list!
If you only have a choice between Zion or Bryce, do Bryce. Highly recommend the mule ride down the canyon.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

DSC_0002_2354.jpg

El Paso from our sons house!

DSC_0008_2015.jpg