Replace my D7100 with an D810

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I was never overly thrilled with my D7100. Although it is a refurbished model (with only 39 actuations when I purchased it), I just never cared for its colors or limitations with ISO noise. My D610, D750, D7200, and D500 all outperform it. So like Fred said, I imagine a D850 would be incredible.

BF Hammer

I had no regrets with upgrading a D7000 to a D750 in 2019. Better detail with the higher resolution sensor, and less noise in the shadows. I have that 24-120mm f/4 lens, it is a great mid-budget lens to have if you don't have money for the f/2.8 Holy Trinity zooms.

I can only imagine that the D810 would impress you even more.

Needa

Challenge Team
You might also want to consider a D7200 or a D500 (best for animal photos).
Don't go out of my way to shoot bird or animal photos. If I was going to go with the d7200 would have picked up Cindy's, considered it thought it was a great price.

Needa

Challenge Team
I had no regrets with upgrading a D7000 to a D750 in 2019. Better detail with the higher resolution sensor, and less noise in the shadows. I have that 24-120mm f/4 lens, it is a great mid-budget lens to have if you don't have money for the f/2.8 Holy Trinity zooms.
Had briefly considered the D750. Currently have the 24-120 f/4 hence the ask. All my lens are FF with the exception of the wide angle. A 24-70 and 70-200 2.8s would be nice, maybe some day.
I can only imagine that the D810 would impress you even more.
Can only hope.

Peter7100

My friend has the D810 and as you know I have a D7100 and we have in the past tested a few lenses that we both own with both bodies. To be honest, on checking the images on a pc, I found it impossible to notice any differences although we haven't tried any low light shots. The two main advantages I did find was the ability to crop images by a lot with the D810 and the ability to print enlargements with the FF. As a result of the tests it put my interest of upgrading on hold, however I am always keeping an eye out for any bargains on a D800/810. So providing you are going to do more than just uploading the upgrade will probably be worth it IMO.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
D850 would be but that would require a go fund me and a sob story.;) My goal is better low light images so ISO and noise are a factor.

I misread your post - sorry, I thought you mentioned a D850. The D810 is still a stellar camera!

Don't go out of my way to shoot bird or animal photos. If I was going to go with the d7200 would have picked up Cindy's, considered it thought it was a great price.

Yeah ... I've been going to physical therapy, and one of their staff shoots Nikon. He was considering upgrading to a Sony, but I loaned him my D7200 that I had up for sale along with my FX 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR lens. Last I heard he wanted to buy them. I offered him the combo for $400. Yes, you read that correctly. 😳 The therapist is great, and I am not a fan of online selling. :) I haven't been there for a couple weeks but have physical therapy tomorrow.