Remote shutter release for D3100?

mobi

Can someone please recommend me one (cheap and good)?

I am finding quite a few in Amazon but not sure which one is suitable doe D3100.

Thanx

mobi

Looks like I am out of luck then!

So what would be best wired shutter release then? Or I wonder whether timed shutter release will achieve same result.

skene

You can just get something like the vello shutterboss which you can setup for timed multiple shots and lots more. This will offer up a little more to the plate than your normal remote shutter release. IIRC there is also an aftermarket battery grip that does happen to offer a wireless shutter release as well. I can't really tell you if it is good or not, but it may be another option if you were truly interested in something like that.

41W%2BD9z7HCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Brandonberg

Hi,

I recently bought one of the following from eBay. It is a wireless shutter release. Its a cheap and nasty made-in-China job but it works! I wanted something for group portraits that would allow me to be in the subject without having to bother with the self timer. If you want it for heavy use and a quality item, i would suggest another model. But for the novice like myself, couldn't go wrong for ~$16 AUD. There are heaps of these on eBay but their plug is what differs. Just make sure you look for a MC-DC2 connector.

Wireless Remote Shutter MC-DC2 eBay

Last edited:

NFA Fabrication

I just bought a D3200, and wasn't aware there was really that many differences. I assumed it had IR. The wired remote should work great if the point of the remote is for camera steadiness. Under $5 shipped, can't go wrong. I have a feeling that this was an issue for many with the D3100, because they added a ton of options on the D3200 for remote shutter release (Wired, IR, and WiFi using Android/Apple phone or tablets).

No IR. I started off with the D3100 and it had several limitations. No IR remote, no bracketing and several other things I really wanted. I dropped the D3100 and broke the case. Big hole in it. Replaced it with a D5100. Love that camera.

NFA Fabrication

I wanted the WiFi, so I was looking at the D5200, but it was $300 more, and only added so much more. If the D7100 would have been available 2 months ago, I probably could have justified going more that the D3200

steptoe

There are these :

Amazon.com: Neewer Wireless Shutter Release For Nikon D5100, D3100, D7000, D5000, D90: Camera & Photo

Or I have one of these, and also a basic manual shutter release that is just a simple switch

TIMER REMOTE CONTROL Shutter Release FOR Nikon D90 D5100 D7000 D3100 D3200 | eBay

Remote Control Shutter Release Cable for Nikon D90, D3100, etc for MCDC2 (New) | eBay

Or you could pay anywhere from £25-£50 for exactly the same digital shutter release for the pleasure of it having a 'brand' name. Or at least that's what I found when comparing various images and products while looking for a digital shutter release for timed shots

patrick in memphis

d3100 wireless remote on ebay 30$ works great its a jyc brand. i wrote a post on it before. it has a shoe that clips on camera where aux flash goes it has an ir eye yo recieve signal and a handheld wireless remote that is full programable if you want.