Raw photo viewer

Clovishound

Windows Photo Viewer on my Windows 10 machine will display NEF files, I seem to remember that it also worked on my Windows 11 system. You may need to download a codec for it.

bikeit

Windows Photo Viewer on my Windows 10 machine will display NEF files, I seem to remember that it also worked on my Windows 11 system. You may need to download a codec for it.
I have the codec add on, but im looking a photo viewer as windows is so slow to load raw files

BF Hammer

It's over 10 years old now and Google no longer has the files to download, but if you find it somewhere else, Picasa photo viewer does work. I believe you will still have to install Nikon's CODEC. Picasa is still installed on my Windows 10 machine just for me to use the photo viewer. The photo viewer is installed as part of the full software, and gives the option to use as the default photo viewer.

https://picasa.en.softonic.com/

Last edited:

bluzman

FWIW, I use FastStone Image Viewer for reviewing and culling my shots. When doing this I'm viewing jpg images.

If you select a RAW image, the program will display the jpg embedded in the RAW file. If you then press the letter A on your keyboard, the program appears to actually render the RAW image.