RAW + JPEG = RAW x 2? Am I missing something obvious?

fanofdmb84

A little (ok, a lot) frustrated. I have my camera set to save RAW to card 1 and JPEG to card 2... but it's only saving copies of RAW to both cards. What gives? I've formatted the cards and quadruple checked this setting... and still no luck. I've used this setting before with no issues, so I'm not sure why it is not working now. I feel like maybe I'm missing something really obvious. Please help!

:confused: PhotoGrid_1393625690954.jpg

You, Don? Absolutely!! LOL

The funniest one recently was I was just out shooting for fun like I always do and I generally look at my photos as the pop up on the rear screen. The first one looked great so I started shooting away. I noticed that the exposure was off. It was underexposed then the next one looked ok and the next one was overexposed. took me a minute but then I realized that the day before I had been shooting Bracketed shots and had forgotten to reset it. Lucky that what I was shooting did not matter.

The nice thing about mistakes is that it makes you learn a lesson that is a lot harder to forget. Sort of like why my second wife is so much better than my first wife.:)

Geoffc

I recently set the button on the back of my 7100 to activate focus and disconnect it from the shutter button. I went out a few days later and forgot I'd done it. I spent ten mins trying to figure why my AF had failed!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BackdoorArts

I relate intimately to both of these stories, with the bracketed thing biting me (again) only yesterday since I was shooting HDR's the day before. I almost wish there was a menu option to have bracketing turn off after 1 series. If there is, then that will be my story of personal stupidity for the day. :)

fanofdmb84

Haha, yeah. Derp... funny how it took me taking a picture of the silly menu to figure that out.

I could definitely see myself flubbing on the bracketing, too!