R.I.P Lilly the Rottweiler.

"CHRIS"

Bonafide dog lover here. Losing a friend like that is a big pill to swallow..........nothing like it. Sorry as hell to hear this. RIP Lilly girl:(

Blacktop

It was slow at work today so the boss asked if i wanted to take a vacation day. I put Max in the pickup and went out for a long photo shoot. My new Kenko TC arrived this morning, so we went to try it out.
Max has been with me for almost 10 years. I got him out of a high kill shelter when he was just about 6 months old.

He still as spunky as ever when it's time to go for a ride. As soon as he sees me with the camera bag , he knows where we're going. I hope I have a few more years with him.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm coming back to this thread again. I can't imagine the depths of difficulty dealing with the timing--just slightly over 2 years almost to the day since your beloved Daisy went missing. How is Max being the only dog now? Has it registered with him?

Blacktop

I'm coming back to this thread again. I can't imagine the depths of difficulty dealing with the timing--just slightly over 2 years almost to the day since your beloved Daisy went missing. How is Max being the only dog now? Has it registered with him?

Yea, I'm not having any luck with Rotties. I love the breed, but they don't last long. My first Rottie was Lexy. She was about 8 years old (not certain, because we rescued her from a shelter as well) when she went.

Yea, Max knows she's gone. When we come home from a car ride, the first place he'll go look is where she had her bed. He stands there a few seconds looking around.
Then when it's time to eat, he still looks over where she used to eat her bowl of food.

Elliot87

One of the injustices of life is that dogs are such short lived members of the family. Looks like you had some great times with her and some wonderful photos to remember her by. Sorry for your loss Pete