Question about NAS.

Bill16

That is one advantage of my setup! With all my Nikon's being 12mps I don't need the higher end lenses to get great photos! :D
Good idea Charlie! That is what I did, and I'm very glad I went that route! :D

Anco

True. Even if I wanted to switch to a FF camera and somehow come up with the funds for it, there is no way I could afford quality lenses for it.
That's something I didn't plan very well, but I've jumped in with both feet now so hopefully Santa has a sack full of nikon glass to hand out. Then I just have to work out how to make it onto his "nice" list.

TedG954

This will be my first Christmas season using a DSLR and being a photo enthusiast.

How broke am I going to be come the New Year?:dejection:

Actually, it's quite easy to figure out mathematically.

Step 1: Just take your net income each month = X
Step 2: Multiply X by 1.34761 and that equals Y
Step 3: Double Y and add the factor of 74.85 (average shipping costs) and that becomes Z
Step 4: Find out what your credit card interest and fees are monthly. Add this number times 12 to Z. The new number is A
Step 5: To make up for any fudge factor, double A.
Step 6: Get a bottle of good bourbon and pour a double.
Step 7: Look at the figure "A" and toast your money good bye.
Step 8: Repeat Step 7 until you don't care anymore.

See? Pretty simple.

hrstrat57

Not too broke all you need is a nikon 70-300 AF S VR and a nikon AF 50 prime to round out your kit and you are gold IMHO.

Both should avail on you local craigslist right now, multiple samples are avail locally here. Cash money in a public place is king!

RocketCowboy

How about building out your Amazon "wish list" late at night when you can't sleep, and accidentally clicking 1-click buy on a Tamron 150-600mm instead of "add to wish list"? Think I'll get in trouble for that surprise package on my doorstep no later than the day after Thanksgiving?

Blacktop

Thinking more about this as @hrstrat57 pointed out, I do need a 70-300mm VR lens. However, since I sold my Tokina 11-16mm to help finance my D7100, I am really missing that lens.

Last edited:

hrstrat57

Thinking more about this as @hrstrat57 pointed out, I do need a 70-300mm VR lens. However, since I sold my Tokina 11-16mm to help finance my D7100, I am really missing that lens.

I remain blown away at how good mine is. Came as a throw in with my D 700 deal. Up to 280 mine is stellar!! 100% expected it to be junk.

Skwaz

BROKE !
Your havin a laugh
Got my first digi couple of years ago the d3100 totally loved it .
Oh dear I was hooked . Early this year got the d7100 awesome camera .
trouble us now I need to upgrade desktop, prob subscribe too Adobe
And seeing shots on here I want this monster 150-600 !
Dream on , need to get the best out of what I have

Whiskeyman

Think I'll get in trouble for that surprise package on my doorstep no later than the day after Thanksgiving?

If you don't post anything on this coming Friday, I'll assume that either you got it an are out shooting with it or you didn't survive the delivery. I hope it's the former...

WM

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Nikon Aquisition Syndrome.....or something similar......wanting to fill your Christmas Stocking all year long with Nikon related gear! At least that's the way I interpret it. :cool: