purchasing a nikon d700 with a high shutter count

johnveazey

The 35-70 works wonderfully with the D700. This is what I got when I first got my D700. I still have it but use it less often now that I got the 24-70. But the 35-70 is sharp except for the flare issue when using backlight at 2.8.

I haven't had any problems with flares yet, honestly it could even add a creative look if you're shooting directly into the sun in my opinion. I just need a full frame body already if you know what I mean...

hrstrat57

The rubber grips are litterally flapping on the sides, the cable door where all the plugins go doesn't close properly and the pop up flash needs to be opened manual with your hand. I don't think its worth even $150 honestly gonna just look for something better. maybe get lucky on ebay or something, it's a shame really I took a bunch of test shots and the pictures look awesome... just the exterior is crap.

My 35-70 f2.8 is fx lens is it not? its the predecessor to the 24-70mm 2.8????
im looking at a 70-200 f2.8 right now anyway, just need the full frame body to go with it.
@Marcel as always is spot on re my Nikkor AF D 35-70 F 2.8 - check the pet thread I posted a recent pic taken with it and D700 as a sample. The lens is clunky at times and old school but I am most certainly old school myself so I have no plans to replace.

Re the D700 I believe all those rubber bits are self replaceable and readily available, if the camera did not smell bad and took good images I would pay $250 for it all day. It could serve as a worthy backup cam.
@johnveazey be patient tho, D700 deals are always there for those who wait.....example below is currently on NH C/L.

Nikon D700 Camera Body with LOW Shutter Count & Nikon Battery Grip

Good luck!

hrstrat57

As I was rummaging around C/L on your behalf found a nice dealeo here on Boston C/L - D600 is pretty much identical in layout to your D7000 and would go nicely in your bag IMHO. You could sell this kit lens or keep up to you.

So point again is no worries, you will get there.....

Nikon D600 DSLR Camera and Kit

and welcome to the forum! Let us know what you decide.

johnveazey

@Marcel as always is spot on re my Nikkor AF D 35-70 F 2.8 - check the pet thread I posted a recent pic taken with it and D700 as a sample. The lens is clunky at times and old school but I am most certainly old school myself so I have no plans to replace.

Re the D700 I believe all those rubber bits are self replaceable and readily available, if the camera did not smell bad and took good images I would pay $250 for it all day. It could serve as a worthy backup cam.
@johnveazey be patient tho, D700 deals are always there for those who wait.....example below is currently on NH C/L.

Nikon D700 Camera Body with LOW Shutter Count & Nikon Battery Grip

Good luck!

I live in a small city so when something pops up on the photo/video section then its usually gone within the first or second day if it's priced to sell. I'm fixing to buy a d610 from a ebay seller who says it has less than 1,000 shutter count. wish me luck! wants $900 for it!

Last edited:

hrstrat57

I live in a small city so when something pops up on the photo/video section then its usually gone within the first or second day if it's priced to sell. I'm fixing to buy a d610 from a ebay seller who says it has less than 1,000 shutter count. wish me luck! wants $900 for it!

My son has D610 so I have been able to handle. Outstanding piece of kit, will match up perfectly with your DX D7000!

Good luck!

Ruidoso Bill

thank you everyone for the suggestions!
I have a buddy who said its a cheap way to hop into full frame considering his canon 5d mark II has a shutter count of 302,371 or something. the shutter replace would be roughly $150-$300 from what the nikon rep said so I'm gonna meet the guy and try to drop him down to $300 and buy it. hopefully it runs for at least another 50k haha

That's a good price, not sure where you live but is the camera correct for the country you reside? ie Grey market in the US you won't get it fixed.