Printer suggestions

Fred Kingston

Well... if you own one of the major paper maker's printers? Yes... because they have the resources to do the testing, and they want you to use their papers/printers... Brother, as far as I know, doesn't sell their own paper, so doesn't care... so leaves the ICC file testing/creation to someone else...

Having said all that... If you're serious about "printing" a quality product... you might consider buying one of the better printers... from one of the more supported printer makers... I'm in my Canon Pixma Pro printer for less than $100 after their rebates..

derrabe

Well... if you own one of the major paper maker's printers? Yes... because they have the resources to do the testing, and they want you to use their papers/printers... Brother, as far as I know, doesn't sell their own paper, so doesn't care... so leaves the ICC file testing/creation to someone else...
Having said all that... If you're serious about "printing" a quality product... you might consider buying one of the better printers... from one of the more supported printer makers... I'm in my Canon Pixma Pro printer for less than $100 after their rebates..
Thank you for the help walking through this or trying, it appears those profiles are dead now, I click to add them to the cart and it just spins and the links are dead. I have been looking at either an epson or a canon printer but if there was a way to salvage my current one economically it would be nice.

Fred Kingston

You would do well to explore a new printer. That Brother printer is more a Multifunction copier/fax machine that prints 3 colors...

Photo printers print using upwards of 8 different ink cartridges... worrying about color gamut with a 3 color machine is lot like participating in the Indy 500 with a 1930 Model A... :)