Printer Suggestions

RON_RIP

I, too use to use labs to do my printing but was never totally satisfied with the results. The older I get, the fussier I become and just have to do it my way. There is no doubt that home printing is expensive and sometime exasperating but in the end, my photos come out the way I want them and I have had control of the entire process. There is something very satisfying about that. Perhaps we should have a printing group to help fellow members over the tougher aspects of doing their own printing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Danno

It has been some time since I started this post and as I indicated I did buy the Canon Pro 100. I have it set up and been trying to learn how to use it. As @RON indicated it can be a bit challenging. I started out printing from LR and it seemed all my results are dark. I shifted to PS to print and I am more happy with the colors. They seem to better match what I am seeing on my monitor.

I am still learning but I do enjoy it. It is a challenge, but it seems to be good therapy. I am still not really sure what I am doing but I am plodding through.

The purchase did turn out to be a great deal and I just got the $250 rebate this week. Thanks @hark for pointing out the deal. Now what to do with the cash... It is a debit card. Decisions Decisions... :D

RON_RIP

It has been some time since I started this post and as I indicated I did buy the Canon Pro 100. I have it set up and been trying to learn how to use it. As @RON indicated it can be a bit challenging. I started out printing from LR and it seemed all my results are dark. I shifted to PS to print and I am more happy with the colors. They seem to better match what I am seeing on my monitor.

I am still learning but I do enjoy it. It is a challenge, but it seems to be good therapy. I am still not really sure what I am doing but I am plodding through.

The purchase did turn out to be a great deal and I just got the $250 rebate this week. Thanks @hark for pointing out the deal. Now what to do with the cash... It is a debit card. Decisions Decisions... :D
Maybe some frames a mats to display some of your newly printed photos [if you thought printing decisions were hard' wait till you tackle that chore]. I have been extremely lucky in that Canon 9500 plays well with my Mac.,and my monitor is spot on, so what I see is what I get. It also helps that i have my own framing room. But you take your prints to somewhere like Michaels you can get some pretty good advise.

oshb5

Hi RON I just asked the same question . That is "Was there a specific thread/area for printers and printing" But it was moved to the computer area?

I was going to ask if anyone had either a A4/A3 photo printer But also had and was using a Continious Ink System (CIS). So I will start a new thread with this as the topic.

Regs OS

Dawg Pics

@Danno
I have a Canon that prints dark, very dark. I know it has something to do with the calibration and color space, but I can't locate anything on how to fix it.
Also, I noticed that I get lines in the image if I print from one app vs another. Not sure what is happening there. Can't remember now which one gives me the lines in the image.

Danno

@Danno
I have a Canon that prints dark, very dark. I know it has something to do with the calibration and color space, but I can't locate anything on how to fix it.
Also, I noticed that I get lines in the image if I print from one app vs another. Not sure what is happening there. Can't remember now which one gives me the lines in the image.

I do not get the lines... and the dark is more than I like when I initially printed from LR. Now I control the color from LR and it works like it does from PS. Next time I print I will look at my settings and share them with you. Dain Bramage prevents me from recalling them now... and me and the night are no longer buddies. But I will share when all cylinders are firing.

Danno

Well I have been playing more and more with my printer. Also watching a lot of videos... one of my favorite guys to watch is https://www.youtube.com/user/cheo1949 ... He really knows his stuff and has sent me down the path of refilling my cartridges instead of buying Canon.

I have also learned a lot about soft proofing in Lightroom and how I can enter the paper and printer information and see approximately what it will look like when printed. I can also make adjustments to the soft proof to make it look more like it does on my monitor.

I do like the Canon Pro 100 quite a bit. I printed several Christmas Gifts this year and I like the results. I will say it has taken some effort to get the results I like, but I think it is worth it.