Price on Used D200

Curt

Thanks Bill, I am going to give it my best shot....lol. Just got to get use to the camera. Kind of wish it had a Retouch menu like my D80. But outside that I love the feel and everything else about the D200.

fotojack

Curt, that stuff Yibel sent you is what I was going to send you! lol he beat me to it, but youi never got back to me with your email address so I could send it to you. :) Oh well, at least you have it now. Here's something else for you along the same lines:

Attachments

• 11828.zip
    32.9 KB · Views: 75

Ruidoso Bill

Curt, that stuff Yibel sent you is what I was going to send you! lol he beat me to it, but youi never got back to me with your email address so I could send it to you. :) Oh well, at least you have it now. Here's something else for you along the same lines:

I'm sorry bout that, now he has plenty of stuff.

fotojack

Anyone interested in getting a D200 from the same source, let me know and I will give you the info ($500.00) CDN just like new:). I think they have only a couple left.

Curt, my niece would like to get the D200 like you got your deal for. (hope that makes sense! LOL)

Could you give me the details on that so I can send it to her please? Thanks. :)

fotojack

so far the only fault i have with it is the very short battery life :mad:

Short battery life?? Could you be more specific? I get great battery life with mine. I get about 400 shots on a battery (give or take a few). I use a battery pack on mine, too, so maybe that's why I don't see a problem with my batteries. If your batteries are properly charged (fully), I don't see a problem.

Chris, if you have a FuterShop/Best Buy out where you live, may I suggest you get a DigiPower battery. It's the equivelent of the Nikon ENEL-3E and half the price!

Last edited:

chrismacleod

I was out for the day, spent more time playing with the different settings on my camera. I took maybe 200 pics or so and it just died (no warning), which I found odd. Had to recharge it. Maybe there a setting for that I havent found found yet :$

Yes, we have both future shop and best buy here, and I definitely will check out battery prices. Found them at the source by circuit city for 63.00 and henrys for 89.00. Regardless, I will be buying couple spares before mnths end. Any tip and hints on prolonging battery life will be greatly appreciated. Hope to add pics from it soon...

Chris

fotojack

Here's a tip on how to prolong battery life that's real easy: don't play with the setting all the time, and don't use the view screen as much as you would like to. :) That sucks up a lot of power. Also, when you're done shooting a couple of shots and you won't be taking any for at least 5 to 10 minutes, shut the camera off. You'd be surprised at how much power that will save you. Hope this helps ya, bud. :)

chrismacleod

Sweet thanks. Just playing with it to figure out some of the settins. quite a difference between the D4o I previously had to the D200. I will definitely try those suggestions.

Thanks again chris :p

chrismacleod

hmm thaNKS i looking at a few places for a replacement battery at the moment. So far that is the only fault i have with the camera and so far i really like it. time will tell!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Curt

I have a D200, I think its a fantastic camera, I love mine. I am sure you will take a while to get use to it. But once you do, you will not want to part with it...lol.
I have a D80 as well and when I first got my D200, I kept going back to my good old D80. However my D80 is now my back up camera, trust me once you get the feel for your D200 you will love it :).

Ruidoso Bill

hmm thaNKS i looking at a few places for a replacement battery at the moment. So far that is the only fault i have with the camera and so far i really like it. time will tell!!!!!!!!!!! :)

They are a little hard on the batteries, a battery grip helps and carrying a couple of extras is important. I have noticed if I don't look at pics on the lcd much and keep it turned off when not being used helps a lot.

badbadman

I picked one up on Ebay a couple of weeks ago (also got a battery grip) and I have to say it feels great to hold and is so easy to navigate around the settings.
I used it at a wedding last weekend and used about 25% of a single batteries life on 250ish shots.

Curt

I have a battery grip on my D200 as well, I love the balanced feel of it. Glad you are getting the best out of your D200 now.