Post your Sunrises

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
SUNRISE AT PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN, THAILAND.

nikonites_001.jpg

Very nice.

Welcome. You might want to introduce yourself here -
New Member Introductions Forum

bostra25

Searched and couldn't find a thread for Sunrise. I found individual sunrise thread and I didn't want to post on those.

Took these this morning
d5100_001_1.jpg
d5100_001_15.jpg
d5100_001_55.jpg
The last might be blurry, I didn't look through the view finder since the sun was real bright and I couldn't see anything with live view so I just went with it.

Also, captured the morning moon with Venus in the upper left.
d5100_001_27.jpg

Question, these were shot without any filters, will this hurt my lens? I know it hurt my eyes! Any suggestions on a good filter for the D5100?

What better backdrop for a portrait than a beautiful sunset, right? But if you’ve tried this, you may well have encountered an overly dark or shadowed face that shows-off the sky but not the person. The problem is created by the dimness of light reflected off your subject relative to the brightness of the sunset. In "auto" mode, your camera usually adjusts the exposure for the sunset rather than the subject, resulting in a silhouetted portrait.

STM

I have a whole lot more sunset than sunrise images so I had to dig back a ways to find this one. The Straits of Juan de Fuca in WA state in the summertime. You had to get up VERY early in the summer up there to catch a sunrise because it started getting light around 4:30 am. FE-2, 55mm f/2.8 AIS Micro and Kodachrome 64. I REALLY miss that stuff!