Post your Sunrises

Alan

A cold fall morning sunrise from the deck.

DSCN9878.jpg

navcom

Been awhile since I posted out here but I told some folks I would post when my sunrise book was available...and it is! "Getting Started With Sunrise Photography" is now published on Amazon and as a PDF on our website...

PDF version
Amazon Kindle version

It's basically a primer course on taking sunrise and sunset photographs. If you are new, it's for you. If you are a seasoned veteran, probably not. Sorry for the shameless "self promotion". Haven't really started advertising yet and I'm kind of excited as this has been a project of mine for some time.

Jeff

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Been awhile since I posted out here but I told some folks I would post when my sunrise book was available...and it is! "Getting Started With Sunrise Photography" is now published on Amazon and as a PDF on our website...

PDF version
Amazon Kindle version

It's basically a primer course on taking sunrise and sunset photographs. If you are new, it's for you. If you are a seasoned veteran, probably not. Sorry for the shameless "self promotion". Haven't really started advertising yet and I'm kind of excited as this has been a project of mine for some time.

Jeff

Got this when I clicked on the PDF version.

[h=1]Page Not Found[/h] The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try the following:

• If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
  • Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
  • Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.

navcom

My last post was edited. It seems the forum software is "reformatting" my links, which I think is what caused the original link issues. Should all be working now.

​Jeff

Carolina Photo Guy

J1 First Sunrise.jpg

This was taken right at 6:45 this am as a test for the J1 I just got.
I had the J1 set on the Smart Photo Selector Mode and just let Nikon do all the work.
ISO was at 3200, shutter was at 1/60 without flash.
This is straight out of the camera with NO PP.

I think the J1 might be a keeper!

​Enjoy

BTW: I have named her "Bessie" for what I think are obvious reasons!

Last edited:

GeoWes

As a rule, I generally don't post images that I make for a client, but I thought I'd share this one with my nikonite friends. The second on to show the size of the crowd we had on Thurs. morning at Alcatraz.

Attachments

• 2013332-7814.jpg
    2013332-7814.jpg
    827.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 2013332-7764.jpg
    2013332-7764.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 223