Post your spiders

J-see

It seems I'm sliding more and more into painting with photography. I can't help myself.

353-Edit.jpg

J-see

Thats really lovely, and very different, I'm thinking you should follow your instinct here a bit and see where it goes.:)

Thanks. I like photography but the moment I begin PP, I get carried away. All that painting of the past creeps in. In a way both combine nicely; my cam is the canvas and sketch, PP the paint and brushes.

Btw, did you ever shoot spiders in combination with rain? I was trying to get a good angle on this spider for days and tried several shots that ultimately lacked potential. Then yesterday it was raining and I even wondered if I should take the cam out, electronics and such. I'm glad I did because spiderwebs combined with light rain make for great compositions.

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks. I like photography but the moment I begin PP, I get carried away. All that painting of the past creeps in. In a way both combine nicely; my cam is the canvas and sketch, PP the paint and brushes.

Btw, did you ever shoot spiders in combination with rain? I was trying to get a good angle on this spider for days and tried several shots that ultimately lacked potential. Then yesterday it was raining and I even wondered if I should take the cam out, electronics and such. I'm glad I did because spiderwebs combined with light rain make for great compositions.

Some people will lightly mist the web to bring it out. I try to find webs early morning or after a rain.

Roy1961

i hate to come onto this thread and see all the spiders eyes, yous are just making me want to get a 105 lens even more.......

paul04

Was in the front garden today and almost walked in to this spider, it had set up its web across the garden path.

Attachments

• spiders.jpg
    spiders.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 50

Bill16

Well it seems that the bigger spiders around here have liked my doorway lately, because here is another one! Took photos before evicting her!lol:D

dsc_8179sized.jpg

dsc_8195sized.jpg

dsc_8185sized-1.jpg

dsc_8199sized.jpg

Bill16

OK this looked fine on my screen until uploaded here and now looks like a huge crop job leaving it grainy! well it wasn't cropped at all!

Before re-processing!

dsc_8203sized.jpg

After reprocessing with no added sharpness!

dsc_8203sized_2.jpg

Didn't seem to make any difference! Well I'll try once more, then I'm quiting at least for now!:(

Last edited:

Bill16

I'll look to see how I can do that too! Thank you soooo much my friend! Here was m latest try, not nearly as successful as your fix! lol :)

dsc_8203sized_4.jpg

J-see

I'll look to see how I can do that too! Thank you soooo much my friend! Here was m latest try, not nearly as successful as your fix! lol :)

I occasionally forget the noise too. ;)

The more you manipulate the image, the more noise appears but since we're mostly working on an image "fit to screen", that noise is almost invisible. It's only when checking the 100% that it shows clearly.

Lowering noise can affect the image so you have to find the middle road.

STM

Not too many shots of spiders but whereas spiders give some people the creeps, I find them fascinating, even the Brown Recluse, which is the only spider I will smash into a pile of goo if I see one

I had one of a very small (about 1" from tip of rear legs to front legs) I found in one of our boxwoods but I can't find it right now :-(