Post your Moon and Star shots

The Moon this morning while shooting the sunrise with my 18-55mm kit lens, @ 50mm
DSC_0019.JPG

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
TAURID METEOR SHOWER: Earth is passing through a stream of gravelly debris from Comet Encke, source of the annual Taurid meteor shower. Because the debris stream is not very congested, Taurid meteor rates are low, no more than 5 per hour. The special thing about Taurids is that they tend to be fireballs. Expected to peak around Nov. 12th.

RockyNH_RIP

That came out decent... I grabbed a couple this morning at the house (still in camera) and then saw some nice ones with clouds on my way in. By the time I hit the parking lot, clouds covered the moon... :(
I will see the ones at the house tonight...

Pat in NH

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

Nice shots Pat. It was cloudy up here and way too cold for me to get out there with the camera.

Thanks Marcel... It was nice and chilly here also... The 1st was taken Thursday night (ran out the front door in slippers carrying camera and tripod). The next 2 were friday morning about 6:00am, I went out to my truck to go to walk, saw the moon over the house, grabbed the camera and handheld those shots.. It was COLD but I had to go out anyway!

Pat in NH

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I thought we had a Moon thread. This is the only one I found. I anyone finds another one, please let me know and I'll merge them. Thanks!
DSC_6630_001.JPG