Post your Milky Way shots

Bob Blaylock

DSC_3053zn.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Question for anyone regarding Milky Way photography...a Facebook friend and his son were out last night in an area where someone was taking 3-minute exposures of the Andromeda Galaxy and the ring nebula in Lyra. He said the photographer had a computer connected to his camera where he could track any movement of the stars. Supposedly his 3-minute exposures weren't to have any movement. I was under the impression anything that long would record as slight star trails. Does anyone know how long you can take night exposures without star movement? :confused:

@Moab Man could you please weigh in?

Question for anyone regarding Milky Way photography...a Facebook friend and his son were out last night in an area where someone was taking 3-minute exposures of the Andromeda Galaxy and the ring nebula in Lyra. He said the photographer had a computer connected to his camera where he could track any movement of the stars. Supposedly his 3-minute exposures weren't to have any movement. I was under the impression anything that long would record as slight star trails. Does anyone know how long you can take night exposures without star movement? :confused:

@Moab Man could you please weigh in?

After 15 seconds you will start getting some movement. They do make telescope mounts that do track the stars and if he was shooting a galaxy he had to of had a telescope mounted to his camera.
equatorial mount that is computer controlled will do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk