Post your men/ladies at work

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
dsc_8673_stitch3_001.jpg

desmobob

Good ol' Kodachrome! It sure helps you appreciate the dynamic range of modern digital sensors! Of course, I do have a custom picture control curve to replicate its look...

Sandpatch

Good ol' Kodachrome! It sure helps you appreciate the dynamic range of modern digital sensors! Of course, I do have a custom picture control curve to replicate its look...

Kodachrome was great stuff of course and enjoys a well-earned reputation for retaining an almost eternal image quality. Kodachrome required a complex processing and unfortunately I learned too late that Fotomat was NOT the place for processing. As a poor college student and penniless new employee upon graduation, I occasionally used Fotomat to save money and now so regret it. Thankfully I reguarly returned to Kodak/Kodalux processing as soon as I could, but then that too eventually became terrible as Kodak began to engineer its exit from the business in the mid-2000s.

In disgust, I shelved my camera and quit taking pictures for five years until the D5100 was introduced, bringing price and quality to an acceptable point for me.

A 45 year old Kodachrome with Kodak processing. [Nikkormat FTn] Gotta love it. :eek:

1977-11-13 002 Knoxville TN - for upload small.jpg

Last edited:

Sandpatch

From July 1977 at Red Bank, NJ, workers tend to some track maintenance at BANK Tower. In the foreground is the once storied route of the fast and luxurious Blue Comet train to Atlantic City. The tower is gone today and all has very much changed here in the last 45 years. [Nikkormat FTn, Plus-X]

1977-07 009 Red Bank NJ - for upload.jpg