Post your Mammals

Alan

After some research and checking with a friend who is a hunter we believe this is a Fisher. I have never seen one in the wild but it was much larger than a mink. Only got one shot before it disappeared into the weeds.

View attachment 100980

Have to correct this post the animal is a Mink. I sent the picture to a local Naturalist who does reports on one of our TV news programs. This was his reply...
Got your photo. That's a mink. Very nice photo! Looks like you were fairly close? Mink and fishers are both in the weasel family, Mustelidae, but the fisher is a good bit larger and normally doesn't spend time in the water. This guy looks like he just emerged from the creek. Mink are typically found around water.

He is going to be using this photo in one of his reports this fall.

wev

Contributor
Bashful

Rabbit.jpg

Boatboy24

Took a couple quick snaps this morning before I left the house. This was the best, with minor editing. I need to work on composition, take a deep breath and think about my camera settings.

DSC_0943.jpg

Elliot87

Brown Hare. This shot required a very rapid lens switch from the 35mm. Unfortunately that meant he was just about to disappear through an ugly gate by the time I was ready with the 70-300mm. Seconds earlier he was on a nice grassy verge. Maybe I could do with a 16-300 like wev...

DSC_0253.jpg

wev

Contributor
Well, this explains the state of our lettuce patch -- anybody know where Mr. McGregor is?

Rabbit.jpg