Post your Mammals

Robin W

I found a family of beavers in a near by lake. I knew they were there because I saw their den but I had never seen them. So I decided to get up early and was at the lake before light. There they were a family of at least 5. Papa Beaver was much larger than the rest and Mama was only slightly larger than the babies. I watched as Papa climbed the bank and cut down a small tree and brought it to the bank to share with the family. I was amazed at how close they would swim to the dock I was sitting on. Once one of them must not have realized I was there and when I moved to take a picture I got to see it slap the water with its tail and dive quickly under the dock. The rest of them didn't seem to mind my presence.

RD5_7304-Papa beaver tree cut.jpg

RD5_7314-Papa Beaver.jpg

RD5_7325-Baby beaver eats.jpg

RD5_7378-3 Beavers.jpg

When in doubt pinky out, lol.
RD5_7327-Beaver Pinky out.jpg

Attachments

• RD5_7348-Beaver.jpg
    RD5_7348-Beaver.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 25

Robin W

These were very early blue hour photos. This is a fox named Snow and she has just caught a squirrel for breakfast. She lives at Cavehill Cemetery. (Muhammad Ali and Colonel Sanders are buried there) She has been there for at least the last 9 years. She and her mate, Cotton help keep out the moles and groundhogs that can destroy a mausoleum. They and their offspring are quiet valuable to the Cemetery. While Snow is very tolerant of us photographers Cotton is quite a bit more camera shy but he is quite a handsome fellow. I haven't been able to get him on film yet. I have just seen photos from some who have been so lucky.

RD5_7951.jpg

RD5_7959.jpg

RD5_7985.jpg

One must always wipe their face after a meal.
RD5_7989.jpg

RD5_7992.jpg

Robin W

The only time I have seen one of these was at Lake Barkley. We had been catfishing and left our catch in a bucket in our Jon boat. We had walked up to our camper and turned to see the mink climb up in our boat and help himself to one of our catfish and scurry away with it. And of course that was my pre-camera days.

wildshots

The only time I have seen one of these was at Lake Barkley. We had been catfishing and left our catch in a bucket in our Jon boat. We had walked up to our camper and turned to see the mink climb up in our boat and help himself to one of our catfish and scurry away with it. And of course that was my pre-camera days.
Used to be several on a small island here before NPS 'acquired' it and started 'managing' it for 'balance'.