Post your latest purchases.

Browncoat

Last month I sold off all of my cameras. I replaced them with a used Fuji X-M1 & a new Fuji X-T30. I also bought a smallrig L bracket/hand-grip. With the bit of money that's left I'm figuring out what lens to pick up. :p

Hope you enjoy those, Chuck. I shot with the Fuji X series for several years and really liked them.

crashton

Hope you enjoy those, Chuck. I shot with the Fuji X series for several years and really liked them.

I'm sure I'll enjoy them Browncoat. The X-M1 fits in my cargo shorts pocket! The X-T30 was my choice due to size, weight & cost. So after I bought it Fuji drops the price on the X-T3. History repeating itself I guess, bought a Nikkormat FT2 & a couple weeks later out comes the FT3. Bought a Nikon FM & yep out comes the FM2.

I've been shooting with Fuji's for 5 years or so. I really do enjoy the old school handling & feel of them. I wanted to lighten my load, as I get older gear weight means a lot.

Woodyg3

Contributor
Any words lately on when it will arrive? Or do you already have it? I'm anxious for ya'!

WM

I actually got it a couple of weeks ago. Not only did it come early, but I was upgraded to the new model with. a faster processor, better graphics card, and the SSD now comes standard, so they reduced my price by $200.

So far I love it. I stuffed it with an extra 32Gigs of RAM to make it 40 Gigs total. I can work with Lightroom, Photoshop, web browser, iTunes and other misc applications all open at the same time and not worry about memory. This thing screams along very quickly. The only slowdown I have is from the old external hard drives I am using for file storage and backup, but even with them things are way faster. Many operations that used to take a minute or more in Photoshop now happen in 2-3 seconds. All of my applications open almost instantly. The display is great. So, yeah, I'm happy. :)

Nero

Got this little beauty today. (Not sure why these photos keep coming out like this.)

20200820_173746.jpg 20200820_174219.jpg

Whiskeyman

I actually got it a couple of weeks ago. Not only did it come early, but I was upgraded to the new model with. a faster processor, better graphics card, and the SSD now comes standard, so they reduced my price by $200.

So far I love it. I stuffed it with an extra 32Gigs of RAM to make it 40 Gigs total. I can work with Lightroom, Photoshop, web browser, iTunes and other misc applications all open at the same time and not worry about memory. This thing screams along very quickly. The only slowdown I have is from the old external hard drives I am using for file storage and backup, but even with them things are way faster. Many operations that used to take a minute or more in Photoshop now happen in 2-3 seconds. All of my applications open almost instantly. The display is great. So, yeah, I'm happy. :)

Your reaction to your new iMac is about identical to my reaction to my iMac, though mine is maxed out at 32GB of RAM. My only issue is that I now share it with three other members of my family and we've managed to task it very heavily. Every time I transfer files from the onboard hard drive, someone comes along and refills it, and I often go to use it only to find that there are over a dozen applications/programs running at a time.

It's good to know that it's working out well for you. Especially the bit about the upgrades you received in the deal!

WM

crycocyon

Two more vintage Nikon SLR cameras on the way :eek:

edit:

one arrived today :rolleyes:
a Nikon F3HP and i threw on the Nikon 105mm f2.5 AI-S lens

F56A9A89-D2A8-4C75-BE09-77C4DBDF46DE.jpg

191F929B-C8F3-4DD6-861E-08CC1D45E81B.jpg

Last edited:

canuck257

Just got this for my D500/500PF combo. Very well made as you might expect. Lookingforward to trying it today.

Wimberley-MH-100-MonoGimbal-Gimbal-Monopod-Head.jpg

Wimberley MH-100 Monogimble

Patrick M

Just got this for my D500/500PF combo. Very well made as you might expect. Lookingforward to trying it today.

Wimberley-MH-100-MonoGimbal-Gimbal-Monopod-Head.jpg

Wimberley MH-100 Monogimble

I got one following Steve Perry’s review. I used it on a monopod with a Nikon D7500 + 200-500mm while on an Antarctica cruise. It was great! Allowed me to swing the camera about to shoot whales, seals, penguins and birds..Albatross etc several other photographers with monopods and tripods were definitely showing wimberley envy! One Chinese even photographed it.....wait for clones

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Got a Godox AD200 flash today.

Also ordered this 42" reflector from Adorama. Hard to beat for $13 (get one while they're on sale!)

Nice find with the reflector - I really like that it has handles on it. Plus there are good prices on other sizes/colors. I have a few of the Glow parabolic beauty dishes and strip softboxes and find their quality is terrific.

Browncoat

Truth is, that reflector is for my lovely assistant. If you gave me 10 minutes and $1 million to fold up a reflector, I couldn't do it.

I've been known to toss them like a giant frisbee out of frustration. Pretty sure one is still in a tree somewhere.