Post your Hood Ornaments/Logos

Dangerspouse

Anyone finding themselves at the top of New Jersey (USA) would probably enjoy a visit to Space Farm. It's not, as the name might seem, a farm that grows astronauts, but rather a combination museum and wild game preserve owned and operated for several generations of the Space family. The museum portion is divided up into a number of large structures, each covering their own speciality. You'll read this same paragraph in several forums where I've posted pictures relevant to the folder's theme.

These are all from cars in any of the 3 car museum sections:

Ford Hood Ornament.jpg

Studabaker Hood Ornament.jpg

LaSalle Hood Ornament.jpg

A 1928 Marmon "Teddy Rooseveldt"...for obvious reasons:

1928 Marmon Hood Ornament.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This is Rangle, a Harris Hawk works with Masters of the Skies. At least he landed on my SUV which is in need of a paint job. :beguiled: Best looking hood ornament I've ever had! ;)

_5DX7357 low res.jpg

Last edited:

Sandpatch

Fiat 500 Abarth. Not sure why the owner removed the chrome trim that surrounded the logo and the slot on the grille, looks unfinished.

2020-06-11 Fiat Abarth Logo - for upload.jpg

Last edited:

Bikerbrent

Perhaps the owner removed the chrome trim to increase the air flow though the radiator. I know that I had to work the radiator over on my early Triumph Spitfire to get more air in during the summer heat in Fresno, California (boy that was the good old days).

Sandpatch

Perhaps the owner removed the chrome trim to increase the air flow though the radiator. I know that I had to work the radiator over on my early Triumph Spitfire to get more air in during the summer heat in Fresno, California (boy that was the good old days).

Could be, makes sense. Sometimes too, owners like to "black out" their cars and remove badging. What might have looked better is to have the plastichrome black chromed and reapplied.

crashton

Yes the fad is murdering out cars, black black & more black. I came close to buying a Fiat 500 Abarth. Fine driving car, but it was only a five speed & really needed sixth gear. Plus it was a Fiat & I remember Fiats of old. A friend bought an Abarth for his wife & he likes it. I should check in with him to see if he still has it & how the reliability has been.

Sandpatch

Wow, neat Abarth pictures Chuck. I couldn't see much at all inside of the one I saw because the windows were so heavily tinted.

Fiat now sells only ONE model in the U.S., the 500X. It's a 4-Door SUV.