Post Your Gas Prices

Fortkentdad

Price of gas jumped in Canada ... because of Irma - really people?
Canada has refineries and we export oil to the USA ? But gas pricing is an art not a science.

Anyway, before the hurricanes it was about .95 / litre, now $1.06

Lets translate

$1.06 CDN = $ .87 US$

3.78 Litre = 1 US Gal

So 3.78 * .87 = $3.29/gal

And that is Alberta where most of Canada's oil come from.
Alberta is Canada's Texas - all about oil and beef.

I paid @2.49 this morning here in Prattville, AL. That is just one state away from Florida. I had to drive north about 75 miles this morning to go to the doctor. The interstate north was bumper to bumper with cars leaving Florida heading north. All hotels in my area are at 100% occupancy for several days now.

jay_dean

Ours has gone up 2p a litre in a week and its not even our hurricane
Thats speculative trading for you. As soon as anything kicks off that might affect supply anywhere in the world the price of a barrel of crude goes up and it hits the forecourts instantly (even though the fuel in the forecourt tanks is already bought). OPEC must be rubbing their hands

jay_dean

i am lucky to get 18 to a gallon, heard people getting single digits.
Really?? jeeez. I had a rather sporty BMW once that struggled to get 30mpg on a good run. I felt like it wouldn't pass a petrol station. I soon sold it, tho there were other factors for the sale. I have a very dim view of that brand now.
But 18mpg or less, i couldn't afford to run that, only the well paid or enthusiast could. It'd be like chucking nearly £200 in the tank every time i filled up rather than the £65 i do now. I suppose thats one reason you're an expat!

sampochin

Not long back when the pound was $1.60 Ish our gallon cost over £5. That would be $8. I remember truckers protesting when it was getting close to £1 a liter. The it went way past and no one said a thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sampochin

It's crazy though, even with a storm and panic buying and sellers taking advantage it's still a lot cheaper than U.K.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk