Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
What's your favorite for the past year?

Here's mine
DSC_5961_001.JPG

BirdBrainDeb

It was hard to pic, but this is probably one of my favorites. This Great Horned Owlet was killed, along with two siblings and both parents due to rodenticide poisoning (last year all owlets died but the parents made it) There would be a few fluff nuggets in the nest right now, it's going to be tough not having them there this year đź’”

fluff2.jpg

Clovishound

2022 has been a mixed bag for photography for me. My interest in the last year or so has re-blossomed after several decades of pursuing other interests. I've learned a lot about the digital end of photography and post processing. I've also learned a new way of looking at things to photograph from working with my daughter. I'm much better on the technical end, she is far superior on the artistic end.

On the other hand I've not had much of a chance to get out and take photos during a large portion of the year. Fortunately, that aspect of things is getting better.

_DAB3232-2.jpg

Dangerspouse

2022 has been a mixed bag for photography for me. My interest in the last year or so has re-blossomed after several decades of pursuing other interests. I've learned a lot about the digital end of photography and post processing. I've also learned a new way of looking at things to photograph from working with my daughter. I'm much better on the technical end, she is far superior on the artistic end.

On the other hand I've not had much of a chance to get out and take photos during a large portion of the year. Fortunately, that aspect of things is getting better.

View attachment 386537
That is a gorgeous photo - I can see why it's your favorite. All the best to you in 2023, I do hope whatever has been keeping you from getting out as often as you like improves this year!

:)

BirdBrainDeb

What a shame. That was one beautiful Owlet, DebClicks. Makes one want to poison whoever used the rodenticide.
It's been a real effort educating the local businesses in the area. They have been receptive to making a safe change. It's probably the residents that aren't aware. Total heartbreak.