Post your favorite or best shot you took in 2015.

JH Foto

DSC_0030 copy.jpg

Moab Man

My best photo of the year I shot on the last day of the year. It's the last shot I do each year, some stupid thing I do with no good reason. The buildings are from the wild west days and the businesses take good care of them. This pizza parlor is a really popular place with a cult following here in Utah and around the world. The pizza is good, but it has something special about it that just seems to connect with people.

The photo is a composite of people coming and going over the course of an hour. There were a lot more people, but I could only use very few shots because of the cars passing through constantly. To the right of light pole are three gentleman that I believe are homeless. As they went by they stopped to ask me if I was taking a photograph (why do people ask that when you have a camera pointed at something?) and if I would take their picture. I answered yes to both and told them if they wanted to me to take their picture they needed to go stand across the street, and they did. For that reason, and I doubt they will ever see this picture, I had to include them.

W_LuckySlice2015_Finished.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Murray

I would say this shot at the end of the year, it was after driving 1800km's and then having some beers and deciding to take a selfie. Max is cycling around Oz. Oh and to capture a shooting star in a single 20sec exposure, priceless :)

20151226-20151226-SHM_3808.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
My best photo of the year I shot on the last day of the year. It's the last shot I do each year, some stupid thing I do with no good reason. The buildings are from the wild west days and the businesses take good care of them. This pizza parlor is a really popular place with a cult following here in Utah and around the world. The pizza is good, but it has something special about it that just seems to connect with people.

The photo is a composite of people coming and going over the course of an hour. There were a lot more people, but I could only use very few shots because of the cars passing through constantly. To the right of light pole are three gentleman that I believe are homeless. As they went by they stopped to ask me if I was taking a photograph (why do people ask that when you have a camera pointed at something?) and if I would take their picture. I answered yes to both and told them if they wanted to me to take their picture they needed to go stand across the street, and they did. For that reason, and I doubt they will ever see this picture, I had to include them.

View attachment 192642

Nice capture and composite. Kudos for allowing the guys to be a part of your photo!

I like the idea of making a point to take a photo on the last day of the year--perhaps expand the idea for all of us to take a photo on the first and last day of the year so we can reflect on how we've grown and what we do differently by the end of the year?

RON_RIP

Such a fine shot and yet one taken on an overcast and wet day. I'll remind myself that imperfect weather can yield perfect shots. Thanks for posting this!
Thanks much, I am fond of rainy days. Where we live you have to be. I pass this location 3 or 4 times a year and always stop and photograph it. Turning left from where the camera is pointed you would see that the field is about 20 acre lawn and at the very bottom is a large home. I cannot imagine who mows such a large lawn.

Sandpatch

Thanks much, I am fond of rainy days. Where we live you have to be. ...

I just recalled that in my film days, I'd often have two rolls in action depending on vacation weather -- one Kodachrome 64 and one Kodachrome 200. When a change was needed, I'd carefully rewind one back into its canister, making a note of which frame I was on. Then I'd reload the other film, advance to the proper frame and double check my ASA setting. I somehow never screwed up the process. K-200 was a godsend when Kodak introduced it.

Moab Man

Nice capture and composite. Kudos for allowing the guys to be a part of your photo!

I like the idea of making a point to take a photo on the last day of the year--perhaps expand the idea for all of us to take a photo on the first and last day of the year so we can reflect on how we've grown and what we do differently by the end of the year?
Interesting idea. Like erosion, you just don't notice it from day-to-day. Leave for a length of time and wow we see the change.

MAMF

I have a few, I would love to go deep into a forest a shoot a waterfall at slow speed but sadly I can't due to a disability. Most of my photos are taken from my car seat or from my scooter. I am proud of these for two reasons....

d.jpg

This one as it was the first one that I shot RAW and adjusted it in view NX-D.

c.jpg

And this one as I spotted this smart Jamaican man drinking red wine who allowed me to take this arty photo of him. It later transpired that I used to eat at his restaurant back in 1982 when I was 12. 'Glenn' was a good friend of my late father back in the day.

Horoscope Fish

I wouldn't be able to choose between these two... Both taken in December.

06 December 2015 - Pearl Returns.jpg
Pearl Returns​
29 December 2015 - Concrete Forest.jpg
Concrete Forest​

Horoscope Fish

Well then, lets have a poll. I vote for Pearl, that is such a classic photo.
That's a shot I'd had in my head for months before it actually happened and now that it has, I have to say, it's nice when the shot you actually GET, lives up to the shot you had in your head.