Post your favorite November 2023 shot

Peter7100

Fog5.jpg

Fred Kingston

Those are the nastiest birds alive. We had a dead pine tree and telephone pole in the corner of our backyard for decades that Ospreys used. We're about 750' from the river, and there's a multi-generational nest pole across the street from my house. Of course, they'd sit on the pole in the backyard, eating and doing their business exactly yours. The mound at the bottom of the pole was a huge white mass that got up over 3 or 4 feet tall after many years.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Those are the nastiest birds alive. We had a dead pine tree and telephone pole in the corner of our backyard for decades that Ospreys used. We're about 750' from the river, and there's a multi-generational nest pole across the street from my house. Of course, they'd sit on the pole in the backyard, eating and doing their business exactly yours. The mound at the bottom of the pole was a huge white mass that got up over 3 or 4 feet tall after many years.
Haven't seen any mounds under the pole Fred. That is where the Ospreys like to eat.

Fred Kingston

Haven't seen any mounds under the pole Fred. That is where the Ospreys like to eat.
Yup, ours liked to eat there too... The mound was a pile of poop held together with a massive amount of fish bones... :p I'm talking about a 40+ year time frame. The tree eventually collapsed in a storm, and FPL took down the pole.

Woodyg3

Contributor
That's about the best fertilizer you can find anywhere, if you can stand to dig it up and use it.