Post your D850 photos here

Paulfpb

Here are a few more pics I took this morning (untouched) in Rock Canyon in Provo Utah.
<untitled>3.jpg<untitled>4.jpg<untitled>5.jpg<untitled>6.jpg<untitled>9.jpg<untitled>10.jpg<untitled>11.jpg<untitled>12.jpg<untitled>14.jpg<untitled>15.jpg

Catherder

I looked on ebay just to see if anyone was scalping D850's, they are trying to get between $4000.00 and $6000.00, mostly sellers from Japan.

Paulfpb

Stop action of a fountain.
The EXIF data did't come through when I downloaded it from Flickr - some help here...
Shutter speed:1/5000
F stop:2.8
Exposure Comp: 0.0
ISO:80
Focal Length: 110mm
Lens: 70-200 f2.8
37362715901_3c2c10ce9e_k_592114.jpg

Last edited:

Paulfpb

Many times the lens will show better detail when you don't shoot it at it's fastest F stop. I'm not positive that's the case with this lens, but it is often true.

Blade Canyon

Many times the lens will show better detail when you don't shoot it at it's fastest F stop. I'm not positive that's the case with this lens, but it is often true.

I think the question was more about why you made a landscape shot at such a wide aperture instead of f8 or f11. I've tested most of my lenses and somewhere around f8 seems to be the sharpest on all of them. Most landscape shooters want sharpness and depth of field.

https://nikonites.com/prime/36822-aperture-sharpness-test-nikon-50mm-1-8d.html#axzz4tu2b9wim

The picture looks great, so what you did obviously worked.

Last edited:

Paulfpb

That's a great point and maybe you can educate me. I thought that since the stuff I was photographing was petty far away that the depth of field would't be an issue at 2.8. Is that true, or should I as as general practice in the future set the f-stop to f8 or f11?

After reading your link I see what you are referring to, and thanks for the info. Last night I sent this photo to Costco to print a 16x20 so I will get to see just how sharp it is - ha ha.

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited: