Post your Cloudscape Photos

wev

Contributor
Pine.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
The National Weather Service sent out an emergency alert regarding a snow squall this afternoon. I used Joel Grimes' editing technique where a duplicate layer is added in Photoshop then in Camera RAW the duplicate layer is converted to black and white. While in Camera RAW, I lowered the saturation of the blues and purples by just -4 each then took it back to Photoshop where I changed the blend mode to Soft Light. What that does is to produce an incredible amount of contrast. I lowered the B&W layer's opacity somewhat (to control the amount of contrast) to come up with this. In the past, I posted a link on this forum to Joel's editing technique showing his process.

IMG_0606 low res.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
The National Weather Service sent out an emergency alert regarding a snow squall this afternoon. I used Joel Grimes' editing technique where a duplicate layer is added in Photoshop then in Camera RAW the duplicate layer is converted to black and white. While in Camera RAW, I lowered the saturation of the blues and purples by just -4 each then took it back to Photoshop where I changed the blend mode to Soft Light. What that does is to produce an incredible amount of contrast. I lowered the B&W layer's opacity somewhat (to control the amount of contrast) to come up with this. In the past, I posted a link on this forum to Joel's editing technique showing his process.

View attachment 373173

So, how much snow did you get?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
So, how much snow did you get?

Just a few flurries which are still intermittent. The squall must have stayed over in New Jersey. :) With the wind, it is REALLY cold. And since I didn't wear any gloves, I kept putting my hands in my pockets! Some plants already started to bloom so I don't know how this will affect those blossoms.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

View attachment 373173

The first one I posted was from my iPhone. The problem is I wasn't able to completely correct the distortion to the buildings. So here is my RAW edit from my D750. I was able to pull a little more detail from some areas of the clouds, too.

_10K5244 low res.jpg