Post Your Bridges HERE

BRIDGECHURCH.jpg

crycocyon

Some beautiful country bridges. I thought I would throw a few photos together of a big city bridge (and an old one from that, it opened in 1906, the Longfellow Bridge). ;)

BBridge1.jpgBridge2.jpgBridge4TD.jpgBridge5TD.jpgBridge6bw.jpgBridge7.jpg

piperbarb

Adding my bridge photo to the thread...

I scanned this in from a B&W photo of the Roebling Bridge in Lackawaxen, PA. I took the photo in June 1986. What caught my eye was that as I was standing on the PA side, I could see the NY side with the "state speed limit 55" sign quite visible. I took this photo on Ilford Pan F (ASA 50) film and printed it on Ilford Ilfospeed RC (resin coated) paper. If I am not mistaken, I took this using a Pentax K2 DMD and a Pentax 30mm lens. Yes, 30mm, very weird, but it worked.

Roebling Bridge1_01.jpg

What is really interesting about this bridge, is that it was designed and built by John Roebling before he ever designed the Brooklyn Bridge. It crosses the Delaware River from PA to NY. The bridge is all wood, except for the suspension supports. If you look closely, you can see them.

Roy1961

Contributor
lake Havasau 112.jpg

lake havasu's London Bridge, taken last year, my camera (D60) is sitting on a wall, a nice relaxing walk up and down the colorado river.

Last edited:
Adding my bridge photo to the thread...

I scanned this in from a B&W photo of the Roebling Bridge in Lackawaxen, PA. I took the photo in June 1986. What caught my eye was that as I was standing on the PA side, I could see the NY side with the "state speed limit 55" sign quite visible. I took this photo on Ilford Pan F (ASA 50) film and printed it on Ilford Ilfospeed RC (resin coated) paper. If I am not mistaken, I took this using a Pentax K2 DMD and a Pentax 30mm lens. Yes, 30mm, very weird, but it worked.

View attachment 30059

What is really interesting about this bridge, is that it was designed and built by John Roebling before he ever designed the Brooklyn Bridge. It crosses the Delaware River from PA to NY. The bridge is all wood, except for the suspension supports. If you look closely, you can see them.

Ilford film and Paper was some of my favorite.

piperbarb

This is an old train trestle that is no longer used. It was really a side track, spanning the Susquehanna River that was used to deliver coal to the now defunct Goudy Station in Johnson City, NY, a coal-fired electricity generation plant that was closed in 1999. Obviously, the tracks are not used either, any more. Could not get any closer without sliding down the river bank in the mud. Not something I wanted to do. :)

Goudy Station Trestle
Goudy Bridge-130316_01.jpg