Post your best shot taken in June 2015

Elliot87

I'd say this is my best June shot, perhaps not my favourite but probably my best.

Puffin in flight (1 of 1).jpg

Elliot87

So what one do you feel is probably 'best'?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking? I might just be being dense.That Puffin shot is my best picture of June but I have some shots of a young Jackdaw and a young sparrow that I like more,probably because I was the only person photographing them, the puffins get photographed hundreds of times per day.

Stoshowicz

I'm not quite sure what you're asking? I might just be being dense.That Puffin shot is my best picture of June but I have some shots of a young Jackdaw and a young sparrow that I like more,probably because I was the only person photographing them, the puffins get photographed hundreds of times per day.

I thought you were saying that you had another favorite for june but considered this one best in perhaps technical terms. The puffins may get ' photoed at' hundreds of times per day , but this result is very appealing. So I was wondering what technical aspects you would like to have gotten otherwise... to understand what you value in a pic. I myself , posted a pic which I think might be generally more appealing , but isn't really my favorite for the month, I didn't have the other with me.

Elliot87

I thought you were saying that you had another favorite for june but considered this one best in perhaps technical terms. The puffins may get ' photoed at' hundreds of times per day , but this result is very appealing. So I was wondering what technical aspects you would like to have gotten otherwise... to understand what you value in a pic. I myself , posted a pic which I think might be generally more appealing , but isn't really my favorite for the month, I didn't have the other with me.

Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with this picture and there's not much I'd change about it. On another day I might regard it as my favourite. My favourite right now might be a picture I got of a Jackdaw with my 55mm lens. It was within arms reach and so I could get a nice sharp detailed head shot without cropping. To me it is special but I doubt it would hold much of a wider appeal.

scarrabri

Hi I took this pic with my Nikon D40X camera in the A mode and being new forgot to copy all the stats that all the other wonderful pics sent in by your users obviously did and they were really impressive, the pic is of a well known lake in Stoke on Trent called Westport lake and it has a kind of charm that appeals to me so I thought I would show it.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 67

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Hi I took this pic with my Nikon D40X camera in the A mode and being new forgot to copy all the stats that all the other wonderful pics sent in by your users obviously did and they were really impressive, the pic is of a well known lake in Stoke on Trent called Westport lake and it has a kind of charm that appeals to me so I thought I would show it.

Welcome!

mikew_RIP

Nice first post,welcome to the forum

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
OK, you shamed me into posting. Ha! I really have two that I can't decide which I like better.

The first one I like is because I tried a new technique for me: focus stacking using Gimp.

key stack 1-cr.jpg

The second one is just that I was able to capture this Western Kingbird. Some don't like blur on the wingtips, but for me on this one it just adds to the "drama" of the shot.

western kingbird-cr.jpg

Pretzel

Of all my shots, even the macros that I adored, this one tops it for me I think. It appeals to me, at least, if nobody else... :)

FStest.jpg