Post your 'before' and 'after' pictures

Robin W

I took pictures of my sister's dog, Brady. She decided she wanted the grey blanket to be red. I told her I thought I could make that happen. After that I decided to see if I could make the background white. The Hue and Saturation adjustment layer is pretty amazing. The first picture is the original.

20200129-_A810459.jpg

20200129-_A810459-Edit.jpg

20200129-_A810459-Edit-3.jpg

Attachments

• 20200129-_A810459-Edit-2.jpg
    20200129-_A810459-Edit-2.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 49

Robin W

I am having fun learning photoshop. It really is amazing all you can do with it. Now just remembering how to do it.

Original photo

20200208-R81_1632.jpg

Moved the geese down a little

Snow Moon and Geese-R81_1632-Edit.jpg

Enlarged the moon and colored the sky a little.

Snow Moon and Geese-R81_1632-Edit2.jpg

blackstar

Thanks, Mike.

I just started learning and using Darktable for maybe no more than 2 weeks. I did use shadows and highlights for this one. Would you be kind to lighten me up with more insight on the negative effect happening? Appreciate.

mikew_RIP

Thanks, Mike.

I just started learning and using Darktable for maybe no more than 2 weeks. I did use shadows and highlights for this one. Would you be kind to lighten me up with more insight on the negative effect happening? Appreciate.

I cant give you a technical answer but using both together tends to give the image a murky look is the best i can describe it, cant do a lot with it due to my limited ability but this is what ACR came up within photoshop, plus i took the lamp post out becuse it was too prominent, you will need to click it to enlarge it because i cant make it post bigger in a quoted thread.

Capture.jpg

Robin W

This is the before shot. I accidentally cut off the top of her crop when I took the picture. I used what I learned in the 30 days of photoshop with Phlearn and was able to save the photo.

20200311-RD5_6154.jpg

20200311-RD5_6154-Edit.jpg

Bengan

This is the before shot. I accidentally cut off the top of her crop when I took the picture. I used what I learned in the 30 days of photoshop with Phlearn and was able to save the photo.

Which lesson are you referring to? I've never done this type of editing and would like to know how