post your aviation shots!

Alan

An oldie but a goodie. This was a film shot about 9 years ago when my son was still in the Air Force, from Mountain Home ID Air Show. It is an F-18 just hitting Mach, causing the vapor circle.

Mach 1.jpg

Last edited:

Alan

Thanks Scott. Back then I didn't know a got the shot until the next day. I did have a power winder that shot at about 4.5 frames per sec. :cool: Also I was using a 200mm with a 2x extender so it was a reach.....

Alan

Tune in tomorrow....I have been informed from some aviation folks that the Antonov AN-225 (largest plane in the world) is scheduled to land at HIA tomorrow morning. God willing and the creeks don't rise, I hope to get some shots of it. At least on the ground since ETA is morning! Fingers crossed.

An-225 Mriya Photo

Rick M

Tune in tomorrow....I have been informed from some aviation folks that the Antonov AN-225 (largest plane in the world) is scheduled to land at HIA tomorrow morning. God willing and the creeks don't rise, I hope to get some shots of it. At least on the ground since ETA is morning! Fingers crossed.

An-225 Mriya Photo

Wow! that thing is a beast! I'll be looking forward to your shots!

Alan

Wow! that thing is a beast! I'll be looking forward to your shots!

It was scheduled to be here last Wednesday but cancelled because of weather. It might fly over my house as I am on the path if they use runway 31 but if the are using 13 I will never see it, so off to the airport early. just not sure how early that might be :cool:

nikonpup

here is his "little brother". I do not know the difference between an-124-100 and ah-124-100, must be something in the build.ROAD TRIP 840 (1000x515).jpgat everett, wa.

Alan

The AN-255 was scheduled to arrive at 7am, I waited till 9 then had to get to the office. Might swing by on the way home this afternoon. Here are a couple I took while I was there.

DSCN9201.jpg

DSCN9211.jpg

Sandpatch

Looking like a painting from the school of Pointillism comes this grab of one frame of a family 8mm movie from 1959. I messed with the image in an attempt to make it clear and it morphed into what you see quite by accident. I somehow like it. It might be a PanAm DC-6,but I'm not at all sure.

snapshot_001.jpg

Last edited:

Whiskeyman

Falcon on a Buckeye KC-135...

F-16on -135.jpg

Taken last week with a borrowed D3. Notice the spots on the image? The date isn't correctly set on the D3, either.

WM

Last edited: