Post Your Automotive Shots!

nikonpup

381120837_802081238382973_529471974494778300_n.jpg

Clovishound

I was quite happy with the image quality of the Z5/24-70 combo today. This first one is a little more artsy than usual for me. Looks like something the Pup might take. She wandered over the cars just a few minutes before they left. Managed to just get two shots. I would have taken more, had I known they were going to be leaving soon. I did have a really nice conversation with the couple that owned one of the cars.

_DAB6218.jpg

_DAB6237.jpg

Sandpatch

Quick snap of my daily driver while out chasing trains....
Such a beautiful GTI. (y) Are the amber foglight lenses OE or aftermarket? They look great.

I wish my tires looked as good as yours. At 20K Miles, my (original) OE tires are showing wear. I recently had to completely replace one in back that took a nail in the sidewall. Since my GTI has the VAQ electronic limited slip on the front, I'm thinking that I don't want to put the new tire in front and have tires with slightly different outside diameters there, perhaps promoting VAQ clutch pack wear and all. Though maybe I worry too much. :unsure: :)

Last edited:

crashton

Such a beautiful GTI. (y) Are the amber foglight lenses OE or aftermarket? They look great.

I wish my tires looked as good as yours. At 20K Miles, my (original) OE tires are showing wear. I recently had to completely replace one in back that took a nail in the sidewall. Since my GTI has the VAQ electronic limited slip on the front, I'm thinking that I don't want to put the new tire in front and have tires with slightly different outside diameters there, perhaps promoting VAQ clutch pack wear and all. Though maybe I worry too much. :unsure: :)

Thanks for the compliment. The foglights have a Xpel film on them, I wanted to put that film on as a rock protection and decided amber would look good. I also have them used as DRL.

The tires I'm running are Continental DWS06, great tires. There is a newer model out now. I'm not surprised your tires are wearing out. Your car has a lot of power going to its front wheels. I rotate mine at every oil change and it seems to help.

Back on topic.... I used a Nikon L37c filter on my lens for the car shots. o_O

Sandpatch

The tires I'm running are Continental DWS06, great tires. .... I used a Nikon L37c filter on my lens for the car shots. o_O

Thanks for the tire tip. I made a note of it for when the time comes. I see that yours is a well-rated UV filter. I use a UV filter on my lenses (all two of them) as well. Here's my GTI's October oil change. I added the underhood sound insulator. It's something that VW "decontented" along the way. Makes the car a little quieter.

2023-10-25 GTI Oil Change - for upload.jpg