Please Visit & Review my Brand New WEBSITE!

WhiteLight

Great photos ! The main page all I can see is the letter "W" when viewing on my iPhone ! Other than that very impressive :cool:
@Ijustwant1 thanks for the compliment and the heads up on the mobile version.. There's been a recent update which I think has messed things around a bit..
Will look into it tonight :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

WhiteLight

Beautiful site! The images are just fantastic. I would hide the email addresses on the guest book or make it optional, I put a phoney email address in.

Are you starting up a business? Its not clear from the site if you are a photographer for hire or if prints are for sale or if its strictly a personal site.

I also tried the site from my droid 4 phone. I can only see the slide show and I cannot escape from it, no menu visible.

Thanks @nickt
I intend to do that, but I didn't for two reasons -
Am not sure right up at this moment if I have the necessary skill and /or equipment to solicit work... I maybe thinking wrong.. How do you suggest I could do this without it sounding unprofessional?

I do intend to get my studio setup soon and thought I would do a portfolio and offer services one I do that. Would that be a good idea..
Thanks

WhiteLight

Very nicely done, and an impressive set of work.

I'm assuming it's purpose is to serve as an online portfolio site and not necessarily act as a commercial site in any way, as I didn't see anything about your availability for hire, or how to purchase or license your work - though that could, of course, be left up to the viewer to contact you after visiting.

Thanks Jake @BackdoorHippie
I need to do that.. Like I just posted in my previous msg, not really certain which would be a good way to go.. Thoughts?

WhiteLight

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and the comments... Means a lot :)
(Am sorry for all the single replies... The new tapatalk is somehow not allowing for multi quotes)
Am sure most of you have had a quick look at the site.. If you do read through when you get a chance or even otherwise, it would be really great if you give me any suggestions or improvements that you think is necessary.. If there's anything more I can add or need to take off..

BackdoorArts

Thanks Jake @BackdoorHippie
I need to do that.. Like I just posted in my previous msg, not really certain which would be a good way to go.. Thoughts?

That's on you. I am in the middle of contemplating going semi-commercial myself and am wondering if I want to simply put up a portfolio and solicit work directly, or have it out in the open and watch the emails come rushing in. LOL Whatever you decide, make it obvious and direct so folks know.

nickt

Thanks @nickt
I intend to do that, but I didn't for two reasons -
Am not sure right up at this moment if I have the necessary skill and /or equipment to solicit work... I maybe thinking wrong.. How do you suggest I could do this without it sounding unprofessional?

I do intend to get my studio setup soon and thought I would do a portfolio and offer services one I do that. Would that be a good idea..
Thanks

Wow, Whitelight I have no idea how to market yourself. I'm not a businessman nor a good photographer, lol. Luckily, I'm a tech guy and I can take plenty of enjoyment in just fully learning my equipment and trying to help people with their equipment questions. I spend a lot of time here looking at others' pictures and I'm working on seeing creatively when I'm out and about.

Your pictures are great and I think you could sell prints of your work. No additional equipment or people-posing skills needed. They either sell or they don't, no pressure of pleasing a client. To me, this seems like a more fun branch of photography.

My wife drags me to craft shows and there is always a booth set up from a well known local photographer. He sells prints of local scenes and of his travels. He has a nice shop in a nearby 'artsy-crafty' town. He sells online too. I have seen his work in professional buildings and restaurants, so people are buying his scenes. People around here like local pictures of places they know. He's been around a long time.

Here's his site, maybe you can get some ideas from what he sells. Your site has a nicer look/feel. Hudson Valley Photographs | Fine Art Photography | Travel Photography | Photography Workshops

wud

As everything else you do - well done, very easy to maneuver around in, lots of brilliant images, clean look. Go get em, Tiger :) Hope you'll get many visitors.

Scott Murray

Nice work, I like the layout and cleanliness of the site. Is there a way to have the photos fade in/out? Instead of scrolling? I think that would work much better.

WhiteLight

Nice work, I like the layout and cleanliness of the site. Is there a way to have the photos fade in/out? Instead of scrolling? I think that would work much better.

Just changed the slide to a fading action...

Let me know what you guys think!