Pinewood Derby 2011

Browncoat

I finished in 4th place in the adults division. My car was too low and the back end was dragging. Time difference of 0.100 between 1st and 4th place!

My son finished in 2nd place! We're pretty happy with that, considering the winner's car was purchased online, heh. :)

Joseph Bautsch

No one has ever figured out what makes a Pinewood Derby Car go, besides four wheels and gravity. What a car looks like has little or nothing to do with winning. All kudos to your son on his second place. In all the races my two sons participated in when they were in a Cub Scout Pack every car entered got a ribbon for something. It was sometimes challenging to come up with 125 different reasons and ribbons so every boy went home a winner but we did it.

Browncoat

Yep, it was a lot of fun! My daughter was upset that she didn't do so well, but her car had the same issues mine did...too low. There were tell-tale scrape marks on the underside of her car too. I'm not sure what the issue was, because the rules stated 3/8" clearance, so that's what I set our cars at. Then again, the racetrack wasn't exactly up to specs either.