Picture wont go away

PoppaB

I have an sd card in my 7100 that when I look at the pictures that I have recently taken one particular pic is the first one in the file. I downloaded it months ago but it is still there only when I scroll through the pics. It doesn't export and I cant trash it. How is it locked into place and how do I trash it?

SteveH

I would guess that the picture is protected from deletion in camera? IIRC it will have a key symbol next to it when viewed in camera. The manual will tell you how to remove the protection, and then just delete the picture, or format the card (in camera)

Horoscope Fish

If the above solution does not work...

Move all the photos on the card you want to keep onto your computer in whatever fashion you want.
Put the card SD card in your computer.
Delete the DCIM folder on the card.
Put the card back in your camera, reformat it and you should be good to go.

BackdoorArts

Reformatting the card in the camera will delete even photos you've locked (accidentally or otherwise), and if you've got a lot of photos it's a heck of a lot faster than the DELETE menu option. It's where I go if I want to DELETE ALL.

FYI, one thing I've noticed on my Mac, if I've locked a photo in the camera, imported it to my Mac and then gone to delete it, when I empty the Trash it will tell me that it cannot delete an item because it is locked. So your card may not be the only place you can't get rid of it.

Felisek

I get is sometimes. After copying a locked picture into your computer, you can unlock it using, e.g., Nikon ViewNX software.

Does anyone know why some pictures come locked out of the camera? I certainly did not do it on purpose, it just sometimes happens.