Recently I updated my late model 2015 iMac to a new 2024 iMac M4 and never expected the problems I've run into with photo editing. Photoshop 2026 is different because I had to use an older version of Photoshop (2023) as well as an older version of Camera RAW on my 2015 iMac (I prefer CR over Lightroom). This Photoshop 2026 version renders photos in what appears to be a subpar quality especially when it comes to noise reduction and sharpening. No clue why though.
My previous version of Topaz DeNoise that used to be stellar really doesn't do much now – but of course some of that most likely is related to compatibility issues (it was purchased rather than the subscription they offer now – so I've had it for years).
I downloaded On1 NoNoise AI 2024, and that won't even configure with Photoshop 2026 as a plugin. Instead the plugin tries to open the image in On1 before shutting down right away and going back to Photoshop without any changes (can't even access settings to make changes). BUT On1 works fine as standalone software.
So instead I added On1 No Noise to Photoshop 2023 as a plugin which I also have installed on my new iMac. Photoshop 2023 is what I was using on my previous iMac although I didn't have On1 No Noise with it. But nope. On1 won't work properly with Photoshop 2023 on the new iMac either. I uninstalled On1 and reinstalled it. However, once again it won't work as a plugin.
Has anyone run into this issue? I much preferred the photo editing results of my older iMac – and might have to pull it out to use for editing until I get this current issue resolved. Any suggestions?
My previous version of Topaz DeNoise that used to be stellar really doesn't do much now – but of course some of that most likely is related to compatibility issues (it was purchased rather than the subscription they offer now – so I've had it for years).
I downloaded On1 NoNoise AI 2024, and that won't even configure with Photoshop 2026 as a plugin. Instead the plugin tries to open the image in On1 before shutting down right away and going back to Photoshop without any changes (can't even access settings to make changes). BUT On1 works fine as standalone software.
So instead I added On1 No Noise to Photoshop 2023 as a plugin which I also have installed on my new iMac. Photoshop 2023 is what I was using on my previous iMac although I didn't have On1 No Noise with it. But nope. On1 won't work properly with Photoshop 2023 on the new iMac either. I uninstalled On1 and reinstalled it. However, once again it won't work as a plugin.
Has anyone run into this issue? I much preferred the photo editing results of my older iMac – and might have to pull it out to use for editing until I get this current issue resolved. Any suggestions?