Photos taken with my 80-400mm VR lens

Scott Murray

Ok tonight is a 'test' night, I have had a few beers after finishing 7 nights in a row (12hr shifts). What I am going to do is take a handheld photo of the moon hopefully using the exact same settings as in 2004 but different camera and state of mind... Hmmmm will it work?????

Ironwood

Good luck.
I looked at the moon a couple of hours ago, and thought I should try a photo of it later when it gets a bit darker, your post just reminded me about it.
But I am not going back outside, my eyes are telling me to go to bed, I have to get up at 4am ( 7hrs away ). So goodnight.
I will have a look at your shots tomorrow.;)

Scott Murray

1024 size

8022875488_d0f18edc0b_b.jpg
Hand held.

8022874955_c2197ed69a_b.jpg
Cropped image.

8022883851_8a3377db43_b.jpg
Edited crop while drinking.

fotojack

Scott...try to keep the comparison shots to three or four at the most, OK? We don't really need 2 dozen shots to see the differences. Use the Photo Album to dump all of your shots into. Thanks. :)

Sambr

Scott...try to keep the comparison shots to three or four at the most, OK? We don't really need 2 dozen shots to see the differences. Use the Photo Album to dump all of your shots into. Thanks. :)

????? I only see 3 shots did he delete the rest?

Scott Murray

Thanks for the great info,Only kidding.I just need years of practise to get up to Scotts' caliber and a D800 wouldn't hurt either LOL

Thanks for the praise but I cannot take the credit, I have been lucky enough to be in the right spot at the right time. And lots of patience :)