Photo shoot with Chrystal (C&C Welcome)

Scott Murray

Ok Scott...Firstly for the fitness shots..Normally a 3 light set up is best..A rim light on each side behind the subject..And a main light boomed over for the fill..(Joel Grimes set-up) Remember if you want to show definition of muscles, you should rake the light across... If using one light bring it 45 or so degrees...or if doing a frontal bring light alitte higher and point 45 degrees down..Alot of these pics the exposure seems off. I will leave this one pic a did with one light raking light across body..Hope this helps Scott..
View attachment 110578
Cheers mate, yeah I need more gear and then need to learn how to use it. But it is fun :)

fotojack

Beautiful model, Scott. Great smile, great body (I'm in love! ;) )...but it's all about the light. Gorf has given you some excellent advice. Keep going, mate...you're on the right track. :)

SkvLTD

I too am thinking of stepping up the aperture to cut ambient light when working outside, but not without some real powerful lighting. Once I get my umbrellas I'll try that by cranking up my flash and then maybe reflecting from behind as well.

I'd say most shots are way too dark, so maybe bump up the exposure and add more shadow in RAW converter to keep the background dark?

RON_RIP

I hate jungles but you have almost made me change my mind. I do feel you need a touch more back light. Those photos are almost there but they just need a little more pop. Lean on this models personality because I sense that she can carry a theme with her persona alone. Hope to see you keep developing this shoot.

RocketCowboy

I agree with @RON on the lighting. Some of it is a little harsh, but then again I have zero experience with lighting so don't feel right providing a ton of input here. I do agree that she looks comfortable in front of your camera, and overall the compositions you two narrowed down look good.