Own 35mm 1.8 is there a reason too also buy 50mm ?

RocketCowboy

The Sigma 20mm f/1.4 Art is a $900.00 lens, if that helps you afford one.

Even with canadian exchange rates, the 20mm Art 1.4 should be well under 2K. It's a mighty fine lens though!

Or, I do have the Nikon 20mm f/2.8 that I picked up from another Nikonite for sale ... $200. It's not a 1.4, but it's 1/10th of a $2K price tag. :)

Fortkentdad

I stand corrected - the Sigma is "only" $1,200.
I know when we were at the recent Camera store I did look at an ultra wide that was in the two grand ball park - my wife remarked that lens cost more than my D610. Might have been the Nikon 14mm ultra wide that I was thinking about - that one is really wide and really expensive and a 2.8.

Have thought of adding a Nikon AFD 20mm 2.8 to my collection of primes, ... and still might but I have zooms that are at 2.8 at 20mm so not sure if it adds to my capacity.

This NAS can be a costly ailment.

shockrocks

I have the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]16-300MM F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Macro if you're looking for a all-in-one. this lens is the shit. Weather sealed as well. i do get some vignetting with it but LR has the lens in the DB and fixes the issues quick. I have the Nikkor 50 and love for portraits. for a try you can't beat this price on [/FONT]YONGNUO YN35mm F2 Lens 1:2[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]https://www.amazon.com/YONGNUO-YN35mm-F2-Lens-Wide-Angle/dp/B01L1JCKRY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1479946595&sr=1-1&keywords=yongnuo+35mm+nikon

one is in my basket for Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Lee

TKC_D500

I have both and I love both! For me they are very different lenses for very different purposes. My 35mm is my family gathering lens and sees Lots of use. My 50mm is my Small Studio portrait lens and also sees some use in product photography. My 50mm is a 1.4 and is Scary sharp at the 5.6 or so I shoot products at. I would never sell either, although the Tameron 45mm with VC is starting to pique my attention somewhat..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk