OMG - Revelation!

Lawrence

Screen shot

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 10.37.54 am.jpg

PapaST

I'd feel bad if this were the case... you should really check your shortcuts that you use to open LR. Say you were using an older version like LR4 and then you "upgraded" to LR CC. If you're still using an old desktop shortcut to open LR you might still be operating in LR4 instead of LR CC.

When you're in LR, go to Help and About to see what version it shows. There's a chance you have both versions on your computer but you've been using the old one all this time.

Lawrence

I'd feel bad if this were the case... you should really check your shortcuts that you use to open LR. Say you were using an older version like LR4 and then you "upgraded" to LR CC. If you're still using an old desktop shortcut to open LR you might still be operating in LR4 instead of LR CC.

When you're in LR, go to Help and About to see what version it shows. There's a chance you have both versions on your computer but you've been using the old one all this time.

I'm using version 5.7.1

PapaST

You need LR CC. 5.7 was the last version before CC, I do believe.

If you're doing all of your updates and you've updated to LR CC then I would look in your PROGRAM FILES (if it's Windoze) and see how many listings you have of LR.

Lawrence

You need LR CC. 5.7 was the last version before CC, I do believe.

If you're doing all of your updates and you've updated to LR CC then I would look in your PROGRAM FILES (if it's Windoze) and see how many listings you have of LR.

That seems to be the issue.
I'm using a Mac so had to take a few steps in Applications to get it going but my desktop shortcut still opens the wrong version.
Trying to figure out how to swap desktop shortcuts

PapaST

If you've been using LR 5.7 all this time instead of CC, look on your Library page and make sure you're pics are there. You might have to import the Library from 5.7 or at least point CC to it. I'm just guessing but it's worth a gander.

Lawrence

If you've been using LR 5.7 all this time instead of CC, look on your Library page and make sure you're pics are there. You might have to import the Library from 5.7 or at least point CC to it. I'm just guessing but it's worth a gander.

they all seem to be there

kevy73

[MENTION=13090]Horoscope Fish[/MENTION] - there is a Shake Reduction filter???

The Dehazing filter came in the same Creative Cloud update, I believe, as the Shake Reduction filter (that removes subject-based motion blur); both of which are jaw-droppingly effective at times.

kevy73

Yep - I don't touch PS unless there is no other choice... ie I use PS occasionally with the liquify tool if a bride has a bit of a bulge hanging over the top of their dress or I use the clone tool if lightroom can't make it look decent.

I don't understand layers or anything else in PS... it is the only piece of software that makes me go into the fetal position.

I am a software developer too - go figure.

Yep - I don't touch PS unless there is no other choice... ie I use PS occasionally with the liquify tool if a bride has a bit of a bulge hanging over the top of their dress or I use the clone tool if lightroom can't make it look decent.

I don't understand layers or anything else in PS... it is the only piece of software that makes me go into the fetal position.

I am a software developer too - go figure.

It does have a bit if a learning curve but if you can ever find the right person to sit down with you for a couple of hours you would be amazed at how much easier it is to learn. I do much better when I have someone walking me through something new. I am pretty good at photoshop but learning Lightroom took me a while just to learn the basics. Still trying to figure it all out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horoscope Fish

[MENTION=13090]Horoscope Fish[/MENTION] - there is a Shake Reduction filter???
There is and it's pretty freaking amazing. If the shutter speed was to slow to freeze the action like you wanted, the filter can correct that. And too some degree, the worse the motion blur is, the better the filter works. It's no guarantee but when you see it nail a correction the first time, you'll be picking your teeth up off the floor.

I'm sorry to hear you're put off by Photoshop; it's an amazing application. I'm primarily self-taught and if I can do it, I'm pretty sure just about anyone can. Just remember, you don't need to master every nuance of the application; you only need to learn a tiny fraction of what it can do. And it ain't rocket surgery, I can assure you.

There is and it's pretty freaking amazing. If the shutter speed was to slow to freeze the action like you wanted, the filter can correct that. And too some degree, the worse the motion blur is, the better the filter works. It's no guarantee but when you see it nail a correction the first time, you'll be picking your teeth up off the floor.

I'm sorry to hear you're put off by Photoshop; it's an amazing application. I'm primarily self-taught and if I can do it, I'm pretty sure just about anyone can. Just remember, you don't need to master every nuance of the application; you only need to learn a tiny fraction of what it can do. And it ain't rocket surgery, I can assure you.

A lot like me. My wife wanted to learn Photoshop so I started by just teaching he the basic steps in ACR and once she got pretty good with that I would show her one thing new in Photoshop pretty soon she was bugging me to show her more and more. The key is learn one thing at the time and only move on once you master what you already know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horoscope Fish

A lot like me. My wife wanted to learn Photoshop so I started by just teaching he the basic steps in ACR and once she got pretty good with that I would show her one thing new in Photoshop pretty soon she was bugging me to show her more and more. The key is learn one thing at the time and only move on once you master what you already know.
The hardest aspect of learning PS, for me, was the interface. Whereas LR looks welcoming with it's easy-to-understand sliders, PS menus strike me as painfully cryptic with all those icons and toolbars and flyout menus under itty-bitty little icons. I've gotten used to the menus over time, of course, but it was definitely intimidating at the beginning.

The hardest aspect of learning PS, for me, was the interface. Whereas LR looks welcoming with it's easy-to-understand sliders, PS menus strike me as painfully cryptic with all those icons and toolbars and flyout menus under itty-bitty little icons. I've gotten used to the menus over time, of course, but it was definitely intimidating at the beginning.
I am on about my 4th version of PS so getting used to it. I still learn new things all the time. Generally I will see something in a photo I want to change and will research and watch Youtube videos till I figure it out. Also I will see photos here and then try to figure out how they did it. That is what drives me to learn.
With Lightroom it looks more intimidating than PS does. The first few times I tried to do anything with it I just threw up my hands and went back to Bridge/ACR/Photoshop and the ways I knew. I finally got a local friend who is a Pro to show me the basics and since then a few of the more subtle uses of it to get much better photos.